The Houston team is looking for an enthusiastic intern who can participate and contribute in several parts of the venture investment process. The tasks are expected to be the following:
- Meet with startup companies in search of venture capital
- Perform market analysis on investment opportunities
- Update financial models in excel, e.g. capitalization tables, transaction records, valuations and exit scenarios
- Take part in investment due diligence
- Contribute to internal investment presentations and decision memorandums
- Participate in the ETV team’s investment decision meetings
- Engage in discussions with Equinor technical experts, to analyze startups from a technical point of view and establish the attractiveness of technology implementations within Equinor’s operations
At the end of the internship the intern will be expected to deliver a final report and a presentation to the ETV investment team, summarizing his/her experiences and learnings and recommendations to the team. The team will assist and coach the intern in this work.
- BS or MS level educational technical and/or financial background
- Strong command of the English language, both oral and written
- Strong interest both in the technical aspects of oil and gas exploration and production, and the financial disciplines including corporate finance and company valuation methods
- Eager to gain and combine learnings from diverse disciplines and settings
- Structured and well organized
- Analytical with strong communication skills
- An active listener
- Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
- Use foresight, and identify opportunities and challenges
- Be imaginative, ambitious and stimulate new ideas
- Challenge accepted truths and enter unfamiliar territory
- Make clear demands on each other and push for constructive change
- Understand and manage risk
- Be truthful and act with integrity
- Be curious, work together and share experience
- Promote and value diversity
- Communicate in a precise way, give and accept constructive feedback
- Bring up ethical issues and challenges immediately
- Deliver on promise
- Continuously develop sound expertise, demonstrate commercial awareness and customer orientation
- Strive for simplification and clarity, and focus on value-adding activities
- Act decisively and be loyal to decisions
- Show dedication and endurance, follow through and pay attention to important details
- Cause zero harm to people and prevent accidents
- Reduce the negative impact of our activities and products on the environment
- Act within the law and comfortably within our own ethical policy
- Demonstrate social responsibility and contribute to sustainable development
- Respect the individual, help others to succeed and contribute to a positive working environment
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English or Norwegian (or another Scandinavian language). Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
If interested, please apply here.