The Houston team is looking for an enthusiastic intern who can participate and contribute in several parts of the venture investment process. The tasks are expected to be the following:
- Meet with startup companies in search of venture capital
- Perform market analysis on investment opportunities
- Update financial models in excel, e.g. capitalization tables, transaction records, valuations and exit scenarios
- Take part in investment due diligence
- Contribute to internal investment presentations and decision memorandums
- Participate in the ETV team’s investment decision meetings
- Engage in discussions with Equinor technical experts, to analyze startups from a technical point of view and establish the attractiveness of technology implementations within Equinor’s operations
At the end of the internship the intern will be expected to deliver a final report and a presentation to the ETV investment team, summarizing his/her experiences and learnings and recommendations to the team. The team will assist and coach the intern in this work.
- BS or MS level educational technical and/or financial background
- Strong command of the English language, both oral and written
- Strong interest both in the technical aspects of oil and gas exploration and production, and the financial disciplines including corporate finance and company valuation methods
- Eager to gain and combine learnings from diverse disciplines and settings
- Structured and well organized
- Analytical with strong communication skills
- An active listener
Ability to live by our safety and security expectations
Use foresight, and identify opportunities and challenges
Be imaginative, ambitious and stimulate new ideas
Challenge accepted truths and enter unfamiliar territory
Make clear demands on each other and push for constructive change
Understand and manage risk
Be truthful and act with integrity
Be curious, work together and share experience
Promote and value diversity
Communicate in a precise way, give and accept constructive feedback
Bring up ethical issues and challenges immediately
Deliver on promises
Continuously develop sound expertise, demonstrate commercial awareness and customer orientation
Strive for simplification and clarity, and focus on value-adding activities
Act decisively and be loyal to decisions
Show dedication and endurance, follow through and pay attention to important details
Cause zero harm to people and prevent accidents
Reduce the negative impact of our activities and products on the environment
Act within the law and comfortably within our own ethical policy
Demonstrate social responsibility and contribute to sustainable development
Respect the individual, help others to succeed and contribute to a positive working environment
Not just a job. A career. We encourage you to take advantage of the many opportunities our global company offers, and empower you to build your career across multiple disciplines and geographies, exchange ideas and learn from others.
Rewards. We offer a range of reward programmes within one Equinor framework adapted to the local market. This includes competitive salary, variable pay schemes and a share savings plan.
Wellness and work-life balance. Our employees’ health and well- being is a priority and we encourage our people to make use of our flexible work arrangements to help balance their work and home lives efficiently.
An inclusive culture. Embracing an inclusive culture is a fundamental part of our values, and leveraging our diverse perspectives and experiences help us deliver together. Equinor provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
Make sure that we are able to give your application consideration: Please attach copies of your diplomas, certificates and grades in English. Applications submitted without such attachments will unfortunately not be evaluated. If you are in the process of completing a degree, please upload an official temporary transcript or other document describing subjects and grades completed to this point.
Our values are to be courageous, open, collaborative and caring. We believe in these qualities, which are essential for building an even stronger Equinor. If you can identify with them, you could be the one to strengthen our team.
Candidates are expected to openly offer all relevant information about themselves during the recruitment process.
All permanent and temporary hires will be screened against relevant sanctions lists to ensure compliance with sanctions law and increase security.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
IF interested, please apply here. .