In light of the Covid-19 pandemic and several MBA internship programs being cancelled, we’ve decided to bring on a few additional interns to our team for the summer of 2020. Although we’re hopeful to make it back to the office sometime this summer, given current circumstances we expect the internships will be remote and we’ll be considering applications from across the U.S. The internships are paid and will be focused on assisting the firm’s research dives to support thesis development. More on the role and application below.
Equal Ventures is a thesis-driven, seed stage venture firm focused on bridging the digital divide, invests in founders transforming legacy markets such as insurance, retail, supply chain and the care economy. Equal’s founding partners, Richard Kerby (formerly with IVP and Venrock) and Rick Zullo (formerly with Lightbank), have over 16 years of combined technology investing experience spanning both early and growth stages. Our first fund is $56m and is backed by some of the industry’s leading operators, founders, GPs and institutions.
Equal Ventures is looking to bring on a MBA Intern to focus on researching industry themes and analyzing investment opportunities in support of our thesis-driven approach. This role will be an integral part of our team and will work closely with the founding partners and other team members to perform industry research, develop theses, evaluate companies and help founders scale their companies. This role will provide exposure not just to seed-stage venture investing, but to a variety of industries and asset classes.
- Experience working in strategy consulting, equity research or private equity with ability to analyze industry trends and company performance beyond a financial statement (experience analyzing value chains and/or industry cost structures is highly preferred)
- Intellectually Curious — Insatiable thirst for knowledge on how / why things work
- Professional — Takes immense pride in the detail, thoroughness, accuracy and overall quality of their work. Capable of engaging and developing relationships with industry leaders, founders and other investors in accordance with the Equal brand
- Self-directed — Works with team members to complete tasks without someone looking over their shoulder
- Friendly — We like nice people, no egos
If you’d like to apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: MBA Intern) with your resume, LinkedIn profile and please answer the following questions:
- What are you hoping to get out of this opportunity?
- If you had your own sector-focused VC fund, what industry would you target? What makes this space attractive?
- What do you like to read or listen to? This could include books, podcasts, blogs, newsletters, journals, magazines, etc.
- What are 1–2 activities that any venture firm should be thinking of doing today given the evolving nature of venture?
We will follow up directly if your background and experience is a fit.