Entrepreneur First (EF) is Europe and Southeast Asia’s leading early-stage investor in frontier technology companies. In just over four years, we have helped the world most ambitious and talented individuals build more than 150 companies, worth over $1.5 billion. In summer 2017, we raised a $12.4m funding round led by Reid Hoffman, Greylock, Founders Fund, Lakestar and some of the world’s best entrepreneurs.
EF now faces its most exciting challenge: scaling to become a globally important institution. In April 2018 we launched our first cohort in Berlin and have established a strong community of talented founders who are already showing impressive results. Our next cohort starts in October and we are now working to get everything up and running to create another batch of high impact companies.
What you’ll do
This is a rare opportunity to be part of the new local EF team, with exposure to the world’s most ambitious and talented individuals. You will support the EF Berlin team in getting everything up and running in a short time frame. You will work closely with experienced operations professionals with a variety of backgrounds, who are invested in helping you develop your career.
From reaching out to talented candidates, to organizing events and liaising with our global team in London, Singapore and Hong Kong, you’ll have exposure to a wide and meaningful set of tasks. No two days will be the same. You’ll also help to build and maintain our local culture, a critical success factor for us as we scale across the world.
Who you are
This role will suit an early career professional, either recently graduated or considering a career change after a few years. You will want exposure to high growth start-ups, venture capital investment, operations and / or technology. You will reflect the following:
- You enjoy working as part of a team and pride yourself with clear communication
- You’re an infinite learner, keen to learn from your colleagues and encouraged by the challenge of being part of a newly formed office.
- You understand the power of well organised operations and enjoy making things work smoothly
- You are comfortable handling unknown or changing priorities at short notice
- You like to take initiative and are a strong problem-solver
- You have some solid operational experience, and are used to taking ownership of tasks, including analytical or critical thinking
- You are connected to or have strong interest in the entrepreneurial/start-up scene in Berlin
Email email@example.com with subject heading “Application for internship” to begin the interview process.