As the MBA Business Development Intern, you will be responsible for supporting two of Brex’s most strategic projects: first, being a core member of our Early Stage Corporate Development team and sourcing new leads to drive acquisitions, and second, supporting the team with research to scope the go-to-market into new industry verticals. This is a highly cross-functional and visible role and you will be working with a variety of internal teams as well as external partners.
Business Development is one of the primary drivers of customer acquisition and retention at Brex, and this is an opportunity to join the Business Development team early with part-time commitments but with a full-time hire track (if mutually desirable).
We are looking for a candidate that can start immediately and support Brex through at least the first half of 2020.
- Willing to dedicate at least one full day per week of your time to Brex workstreams and commitment to spend a couple of hours every day to keep work streams moving forward with urgency
- Responsible for driving the new M&A opportunities through proactive, outbound business development activities such as: cold-calling and email campaigns
- Continually develop and maintain a pipeline of potential acquisition targets through ongoing relationship management/business development activities
- Create industry research to support the go-to-market team with analysis and business cases on the most desirable market segments to pursue
- Scope out potential channel and rewards partnerships for new market verticals
What We Value
- Pending MBA from a top-tier institution with an undergrad from a leading institution
- Candidates in NY/SF preferred, but we are open to exceptional remote talent
- Prior Strategic Consulting (Bain, BCG, McK), Tech Investment Banking, or Private Equity experience required
- High emotional intelligence
- Comfortable engaging with potential acquisition targets, partners, and managing relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Outgoing personality with a collaborative hard-working ethic, enthusiasm
- A deep desire to sell and win
- Strong project management and analytical skills
- Self-starting – you take initiative with limited direction and have an owner mentality
If interested, please apply here.