Flatiron Investors is a New York-based micro-VC focused on early stage technology companies.
The intern will be involved in all aspects of Flatiron Investors’ activity, and will have direct interaction with the managing team and founders that are brought before FI.
The role is open to both undergraduate and graduate students of any year. It is an unpaid internship ideally suited for people who can earn class credit.
The role will include:
- Due diligence on startup opportunities
- Fund operations work
- Portfolio support
- Research and thesis planning
- Event planning for startup showcases, VC deal dinners, and breakfasts for entrepreneurs
Applicant must have:
- Familiarity with the tech and venture landscape
- Intellectual curiosity and passion for venture and startups
- Ability to self-direct, analyze, evaluate, and form perspective around companies on the fly
- Record of academic achievement
- Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail
Other things we like (but are not deal breakers):
- Venture capital experience
- Familiarity with VC metrics (EG know how to calculate IRR, how to forecast ARR)
- Coding experience
- Experience at a tech company, consulting firm, or investment bank
Interested candidates should send their resume and a brief description of their interest in the role to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 22 with “Flatiron Investors Summer Internship” in the subject line.