Are you a student looking to gain healthcare experience? This internship is located in St. Louis, MO (Westport area) this summer!
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
Ascension includes approximately 156,000 associates and 34,000 aligned providers. The national health system operates more than 2,600 sites of care – including 151 hospitals and more than 50 senior living facilities – in 21 states and the District of Columbia, while providing a variety of services including physician practice management, venture capital investing, investment management, biomedical engineering, facilities management, clinical care management, information services, risk management, and contracting through Ascension’s own group purchasing organization.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Ascension, you will have the opportunity to perform a variety of department-specific responsibilities and tasks in a training capacity and on a temporary basis.
- Performs work assignments linked to department/project goals.
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments on a daily basis, raising questions and issues in a timely manner.
- Performs functions efficiently within scope of authority as defined by the supervisor.
- Participates and collaborates with others on office projects as requested.
What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience or Associate’s degree required.
- Enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program.
If interested, please apply here.