Alumni Ventures Group (AVG) offers undergraduate sophomores, juniors, and seniors an opportunity to spend the term or semester working with us at our venture capital firm in Manchester, NH.
At AVG, we have a uniquely community/network approach to venture capital, where we raise relatively small checks ($50K minimum) from a large number of individuals. We build and manage venture capital funds for alumni of selective universities. For example, our first alumni fund, Green D Ventures, raises a new $10M fund every year from ~100-200 alumni. Then the Green D Ventures team invests that money and delivers to our investors a portfolio of 20-30 venture investments diversified by stage, sector, and geography, most with a connection to a Dartmouth alumni. We now have a venture fund for over 15 different alumni communities (Harvard, Stanford, MIT, and others). This recent TechCrunch article provides a more in-depth overview of our model.
The AVG internship is an opportunity for an undergrad to get his or her foot in the door of the venture industry and join a fast-paced, professional, and entrepreneurial environment building the AVG brand and community. This a desirable industry and post, and the selection process is highly selective. We offer our interns both a salary and paid-for apartment housing.
- Positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Desire to learn
- Attention to detail in execution
- Superb time management
- Highly coachable
- Good listener
- High EQ
- Reliable, meeting deadlines and expectations
- Communicates well with colleagues and manager
- Ready to roll up your sleeves and help
- Help us with mission-critical projects
- Lead and manage
- Perform at a level that exceeds your age
- Advanced Excel skills (Proficient with pivot tables, etc.)
- Excellent writing/editing skills
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, etc.)
- Video production or editing
- Experience working in HubSpot
- Software development skills
- Google Analytics skills
If interested, please apply here.