208 Seed Ventures (“2SV”) is an investment group (certified by the Angel Capital Association) backing early stage frontier technology companies. We bring Midwestern leaders, investors, and operators together and invest in startups pushing the world’s current technological limits. Our network provides smart capital and resources for companies with big ideas to accelerate growth. Our primary areas of focus include transportation technology, AR/VR, biotech, and Internet of Things (IoT).
2SV is looking for a Summer Analyst (with the title of “Summer Analyst Intern”) to spend two to three months learning how to invest in early stage frontier tech startups. This position will provide access to some of most disruptive companies in the world, and the following will be expected from the intern:
- Assist in evaluating investment opportunities in early stage frontier tech companies through financial due diligence, market research, and competitive analysis (among others);
- Learn how to prepare venture capital deal due diligence memos, return analyses and forecasts, and investment presentations;
- Contribute to investment committee discussions with views on whether to invest in a particular company or not;
- Deep dive into particular vertical(s) and analyze prospects of growth and adoption within a particular timeframe;
- Work with our existing and prospective portfolio companies on a host of initiatives, including business plan formulation, financial forecasting, and product innovation
The ideal candidate will have a strong quantitative skillset (e.g. investment banking, venture capital, PE, consulting) coupled with an unbridled passion for emerging technologies. Namely, the ideal candidate will possess:
• Keen interest in venture capital
• Passion for the frontier tech space
• Strong quantitative skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Experience in IB/PE/capital markets a plus, but not required.
This is an unpaid internship position and a learning experience for the right candidate. The job itself is remote/can be performed virtually from any physical location. Expenses such as travel and other costs incurred on behalf of the firm will be reimbursed.
IF interested, please apply here.