Based near Old Street, London, Forward Partners is the UK’s largest dedicated seed stage VC and a startup platform combining funding with practical hands-on expertise and insight.Our funding model is different to that of our competitors. We make larger initial seed investments and work closer with the founders to ensure their success. Our team of start-up experts have the tools, tricks and experience to enable entrepreneurs to rapidly and securely grow their companies. We go further than advice and mentoring, we roll our sleeves up and get involved. Our support spans customer development, coding, design, customer acquisition, recruitment and fundraising.
Companies we’ve helped include: Zopa, Appear Here, LostMyName, Thread & SPOKE.The deals we make are early stage and we offer a unique opportunity to solo founders. We work with our entrepreneurs to help them shape their ideas, find product market fit quickly and rapidly gain traction.
About The Role
We’re looking for a motivated, driven person, either pre or post-MBA. You will work directly with the small close-knit team to source and evaluate potential deals. You’ll manage the structure and negotiation of new deals as well as helping to on-board our new founders. You’ll be involved at all stages of the process from contracts to completion and continue to offer advice as our start-ups grow.We want you to be venturesome in discovering exciting fledgling companies. You’ll perform due diligence such as customer and management references, market sizing and mapping, and industry research, competitive analysis and ultimately forming a viewpoint on the investment opportunity. You’ll be an integral part of further defining the Forward Partners investment strategy.You’ll work to understand the London start-up scene.
The role will include participating in events where you’ll represent Forward Partners and continuing to build a network of collaborators and partners.Previous Investment Associates.
We actively support those wishing to start a career in Venture Capital. We leverage our extensive network, facilitate introductions and give honest and actionable advice. All of our Investment Associates to date have gone on to full-time roles at institutional VC firms.
- 2+ years experience with exposure to technology, for instance, with a venture capital company, a start-up, leading tech company, management consultancy or investment bank
- Excellent academic record, financially literate and strong analytical abilities
- Great communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Passionate about start-ups
- An ability to build and maintain good relationships with colleagues, partners and entrepreneurs
- Applications with a CV and covering note will be quickly reviewedIn order to be considered for this role, you need to have the legal right to work in the UK (either through your nationality or relevant work visa).
- CVs submitted by recruitment agencies will be quietly and politely ignored.
- We can’t promise to reply to every application.
IF interested, please apply here.