Meta Ventures is the early-stage innovation and venture arm of Meta Financial Group. The Head of Meta Ventures is responsible for investigating emerging trends within the financial services ecosystem. This role will use a Feasibility – Viability – Scale model to determine new and innovative solutions to shape Meta’s future and long-term strategic objectives and key partnerships.
Essential Job Functions:
- This role maintains full P&L responsibility for Meta’s ~$100 million venture capital arm, Meta Capital LLC.
- Partners closely with Meta’s business leaders to identify, evaluate and develop investment and partnership opportunities that will help them achieve the company’s objectives.
- Actively manages portfolio companies to maximize value and represent Meta as a Board member.
- Identifies, sources and vets compelling investment opportunities in partnership with Meta’s business lines to maintain a strong pipeline of quality deal opportunities.
- Directs the innovation process inside Meta that identifies strategies, business opportunities and new technologies and then develops new capabilities and architectures with partners, new business models and new industry structures to serve those opportunities.
- Required: 10+ years of experience in a publicly-traded financial institution with direct transaction experience in M&A, IPO, VC/PE or SPAC activities
- Direct experience assisting with deal and contract negotiations, as well as resolving complex business issues and structuring complex contracts and serving as the principal liaison to executive management.
- Comfortable networking both internally and externally with key stakeholders, including investment bankers, venture capitalists, industry entrepreneurs, and executive teams of companies
- Successful leadership in a senior management role, leading a company or large division and developing a strong team in a complex, financial services environment
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about products, services, markets, business models, competitive landscapes, and their relevance to Meta’s businesses
- An understanding of the payments and lending ecosystems
To succeed in this role, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
If interested, please apply here.