This is a unique opportunity to join a fast-moving entrepreneurial team currently exploring the edges of possibility at Nike Innovation. We move with speed and purpose, taking calculated risks and failing fast – all with one goal in mind: serving consumers in new and unimagined ways. In support of that mission, we are currently seeking an experienced Head of Portfolio & Special Projects to shape all aspect of our strategy, portfolio, governance, and investment philosophy. As part of our Leadership Team you will be involved in helping lead everything from white space exploration to the delivery of a healthy, balanced portfolio of disruptive new businesses ideas. Our ideal candidate blends bleeding-edge research with the ability to quickly synthesize and align insights toward strategic portfolio goals.
- Portfolio Strategy and Management – conduct internal and external research, consult stakeholders, and manage a collaborative decision-making process to build and refresh a collection of high-priority investment themes to guide our efforts. In addition, ensure that the team maintains a balanced and healthy level of investment (budget and people) across the portfolio. Enable all investment decisions by representing a strategic lens into the portfolio and the highest potential impact/returns.
- New Business Research – guide research into specific consumer and marketplace trends, consumer segments, emerging businesses models, and emerging technologies to determine the attractiveness of incubating potential new ideas.
- Growth Initiatives – work with leaders, teammates and Nike stakeholders to explore opportunities for expanding our capabilities through scaling its services to other Nike geographies, utilizing different methods of new business creation, and strategic partnership that provide operating leverage.
- “Nike Partnerships” Engagement Strategy – guide and partner with the Nike Partnerships team to determine where our team, talent and methods can be most effective in partnering within Nike Inc, as well as in line with investment priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, or related discipline
- 10+ years’ experience in corporate strategy, strategy consulting, venture capital, and/or running incubator/accelerator programs
- 2 additional years of experience required in lieu of a degree
- Familiarity with corporate innovation models – incubators, accelerators, CVC, innovation labs
- Experience conducting consumer insights and consumer/marketplace trends research
- Ability to connect dots and synthesize disparate sources of research into investment theses
- Experience managing a project portfolio
If interested, please apply here.