Ascensia Diabetes Care is a global specialist diabetes care company, dedicated to helping people living with diabetes. Our mission is to empower people living with diabetes through innovative solutions that simplify and improve their lives. We use our innovation and specialist expertise in diabetes to develop high quality solutions and tools that make a positive, daily difference for people with diabetes.
POSITION PURPOSE: This position is an executive position responsible for steering Ascensia Diabetes Care’s business model into the digital space. The Global Strategy Lead – New Ventures will work with internal and external parties to identify and develop new business opportunities and models, identify, partner with and/or acquire new business partners to begin building data services revenue streams with significant future growth potential. The success of the incumbent will be evaluated by their ability to conceptualize, develop and monetize data service business models that are patient-centric and designed to improve health outcomes by driving behavioral changes among people with diabetes. This will require a pioneering approach and mindset that embraces innovation and ”disruptive” thinking by challenging the status quo and creating digital solutions that enhance patient lives in meaningful ways.
MAJOR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES OF POSITION:
- Lead and drive new business exploratory analysis that will identify new business opportunities, models and partnerships for the organization
- Establish a thorough understanding of the Healthcare/Diabetes Care landscape and the state of Interconnected Diabetes Management to uncover pools of value/opportunity to be pursued
- In depth understanding and exposure to US payor landscape which enables close partnering to develop attractive programs that demonstrate better health outcomes for patients with diabetes
- In partnership with Business Development, drive the development of in-depth business models to identify new sources of revenue and EBIT growth; evaluate and pressure-test proposals for board approval and financial investment
- Identify potential acquisition targets and partnership adjacencies; represent Ascensia Diabetes Care with potential external partners and collaborate to achieve concrete partnership proposals
- Present specific New Business proposals to the Ascensia Diabetes Care Halle Steering Committee and the PHCHD holding board;
- Craft and support proposals with compelling storyline and analysis to support business case
- Build a team within Global Strategy and a network across the Ascensia Diabetes Care organization to drive business-building activities. Maintain very close connection to the business (Region Heads, Countries) in order to ensure proposals can be commercialized.
- As a member of the Ascensia Leadership Team and leader of the future business work stream, contribute to the development of the long-term strategic plan for the company
- As a leader in the Global Strategy organization, shape the department and culture of the new organization
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree in Marketing, Business strongly preferred
- Minimum of 10 years of experience (some of which is global) in the healthcare digital space
- Successful track record in small company environment and/or start-up, strong project management skills, consensus builder
- Proven ability to build new businesses and organizations from inception. Experience with Venture Capital industry beneficial but not mandatory
- Demonstrated skill and understanding of online business models, with focus on consumer oriented digital space
- Experienced in creating pay for performance (P4P) reward programs and gamification solutions for stakeholders (payors, HCPs Patients) that influences and drives behavior
- Entrepreneurial mindset and attitude; resourceful; meets deliverables
- Exhibits executive presence that inspires confidence
- Strong communication, analytics, conceptual and creative problem solving skills
- Strategic as well as practical business orientation; financial acumen
- Effective as a strong leader of direct reports and virtual teams
- Ability to work across functions, geographies, cultures
- Collaborative with strong influencing skills; organizationally savvy
If interested, please apply here.