We are a leader of and paving paths in the nascent space of equity crowdfunding. Think “Kickstarter, but for equity”; it’s a real opportunity to change the way startups raise capital and how a brand new asset class (venture) can be opened to the broader public.
We were founded by Ryan Feit and James Han and officially launched https://www.seedinvest.com in February 2013. We’re a well-funded Series B company that is looking to continue what we started all the way back in 2011 when we first helped build and lobby for the JOBS Act to change the way venture capital and fundraising works.
SeedInvest (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is seeking an Analyst to join our Venture Growth team in Manhattan, New York. We run extremely flat and are looking for someone that can not only execute, but become a core member of our team and contribute to the mission, vision, and culture here in a very positive way.
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and SeedInvest
- That agrees that the people and the mission are more important than any job description
- With a desire to take ownership of work
- That has strong critical thinking skills
- With the ability to run in the right direction given a lot of rope
- With a strong bias for action
- With an unending drive and a thirst to learn
- That is transparent and honest with excellent communication skills
You’ll be expected to be very, very good at:
- “Quarterbacking” execution of fundraises, including the setting and managing of timelines, responsibilities and deliverables throughout the fundraise
- Preparing, launching, and executing throughout our startups’ fundraises on SeedInvest
- Crafting a story around the entrepreneur, galvanizing and engaging their existing community
- Coordinating PR and marketing for the duration of the campaign
- Driving investments and maintaining momentum throughout startups’ fundraises
- Using online marketing channels such as email, Google, Facebook
- Communicating and working actively with startup founders, people across the entire SeedInvest team, and multiple partners
The minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS degree
- 1-3 years of experience in creative consulting, investment banking, project management, consulting, or VC/PE
- Strong knowledge of venture capital and entrepreneurship
- Experience managing complex projects, timelines, campaigns, product launches, or deals (whether at an investment bank, advertising agency, design firm, or another project based environment)
- Strong proficiency with Excel, Gantt charts, Powerpoint
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Facebook, and other advertising channels and tools
Some extra credit that we’d love to see:
- Prior experience with a startup
- Technology background and/or interest
- Series 82 and 63 licenses
- Experience in advertising, marketing, or public relations with a focus on product launches
If interested, please apply here.