Trusted Insight (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is a New York and San Francisco-based global networking and alternative asset management platform providing reputable institutional investors with access to top tier investment opportunities via syndicated deals. Trusted Insight is utilized by over 40,000 investment professionals from pension funds, endowments, foundations, sovereign wealth funds, family offices, banks and insurance companies in 98 countries around the globe.
Trusted Insight is an equal opportunity employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability, gender/sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
We are seeking Investment Analysts / Associates/ Interns in our Venture Capital practice of a high growth fintech start-up. The Associates will work closely with the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers to assist with due diligence of fintech start-ups, financial modeling, portfolio monitoring and evaluation.
The ideal candidate will have on opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of the venture capital asset class and work with startups that are transforming the financial services industry.
Please submit your cover letter and GPA to be considered for the position.
- Conduct initial screening and subsequent deep due diligence of potential fintech investments
- Perform analysis on potential market size, product-market fit, key metrics/financials, capital structure, valuation modeling and exit scenarios, risks, and draft investment memorandums, etc.
- Help build out models & execute the investment (legal & finance)
- Help manage investment pipeline process of fintech start-ups
Marketing & Events
- Assist team in preparing variety of document and presentations including investment memorandums, proposals, and presentations in Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
- Support marketing efforts by organizing events and producing marketing materials
- Assist in organizing the Demo Day & Investor Conference
- Assist the Managing Director and Portfolio Managers with related projects and initiatives
Portfolio Company Support
- Support portfolio companies regarding product strategy, debt financing, talent sourcing, business development, and planning for future financing
- Help gather and manage portfolio performance, metrics, and financials on a Quarterly basis
- Proactively developing relationships with identified early stage (Seed, Series A, and B) companies that align to our investment theses and scope
*You will have an opportunity to work with some amazing Y Combinator partners and the earliest engineers of Google.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Mission-driven and understand what it takes to work for a startup
- 2 – 3 years of operating experience in FinTech startups or structured credit background financial services, ideally in a technical/ engineer/product role (Required)
- Have to be available on weekend
- Investment knowledge including Alt Lending, Payments, Blockchain-based assets, Wealth Management, and technical expertise is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required. Computer Science/ Engineering degree & Management Science preferred
- Passion for leveraging Coding and applying Algorithm to Venture Capital asset class
- Outstanding analytical skills, detail-oriented, proactive and self-motivated
- Strong knowledge of Excel including advanced functions
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques
- Ability to produce well designed professional looking Powerpoint presentations
- Demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail when writing/editing material
- Strong grasp of technology trends and business models, ideally in FinTech
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and an exceptional work ethic and discipline
- Ability to deliver high quality copy under pressure to tight deadlines
If interested, please apply here.