It’s fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they’re doing. At Workday, we’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we’re serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day One of our core values is fun
We are looking for an entrepreneurial Technology Director to partner with the investment team on engaging and evaluating enterprise startups from a technical lens. The Technology Director will be involved in the entire deal process, from researching and aligning emergent technologies to Workday strategy to rigorously validating technical claims and providing technical thought leadership to the ventures team. Post investment, the individual will act as a trusted advisor to our portfolio companies, helping shape and guide their technical trajectory and ensuring they are positioned for success.
- Evaluate the technical merits of potential investments with a keen understanding of the drivers for commercial success.
- Research and develop intelligence on emerging technology trends and identify startups that offer the most disruptive technologies.
- Provide technical thought leadership to Workday Ventures and our portfolio companies.
- Commitment to continued understanding of new technologies and their strategic advantages.
- Prepare technical assessment reports and statements of work.
- Partner closely with Corporate Development and Corporate Strategy, providing technical analysis and support
- BS/MS/PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field.
- 10+ years’ experience as an engineering lead or in a technical architect role
- Excellent analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Superior work ethic, self-driven with attention to detail and follow-through
- Commitment to continued understanding of new disruptive technologies and their strategic advantages.
- Highly proactive with an ability to work both independently and as part of the team
- A passion for Workday and our values and mission
- Proven ability to thrive in a non-traditional, entrepreneurial environment a plus
- Experience working with enterprise software a plus
If interested, please apply here.