The Investment Director, Volvo Group Venture Capital works with all the processes related to corporate ventures business, including marketing, scouting, investment, develop/coach and exits. This position plays a critical role to drive & co-ordinate the local activities in North America, while being part of a global investment team with shared responsibilities. Close interaction with the Volvo Group companies are required to secure that partnerships are developed and enable new businesses for the Volvo Group.
Are you passionate about investments, technology and the commercial transport industry? Do you want to get inspired? Invest in yourself and come and join a winning team!
About Volvo Group Venture Capital AB
With us at Volvo Group Venture Capital you will find a hardworking and driven group of people who love their work and bringing our business forward. We believe that passion and engagement is the best recipe for success and wants to share this with you.
The role of Volvo Group Venture Capital is to identify and drive investments with innovative companies at the forefront of service orientation and product differentiation. Our focus is on areas with disruptive innovation resulting in new solutions improving the profitability of our customers and enabling new business opportunities for the Volvo Group.
Volvo Group Venture Capital is part of Connected Solutions which lead the development of the Volvo Group’s connected services and solutions. You will be the North American representative and report to the head of Volvo Group Venture Capital and be part of the investment team.
As Investment Director of Volvo Group Venture Capital, your key responsibilities are:
- Synthetize technology and business model trends into actionable insights
- Identify and analyze potential investments in our selected focus areas
- Design investment strategies and make investments
- Develop the investment portfolio through board and advisory group activities
- Develop new business – together with the investment team and Volvo Group colleagues, the task is to manage value creation between the Volvo Group, customers and our investments
We are looking for an extraordinary individual who has the drive and skills to identify the right companies and make investments and strategic collaborations.
To qualify for this role, you should have experience from
- Equity investments and partnerships. You have experience in investments and related partnership activities
- Development of business in the commercial transport and automotive industry. You have an interest in the intersection between technology, transportation and new business
- Fact-based and structured analysis. We expect strong structured problem-solving skills and the ability to frame and develop an approach to solve strategic or operational issues
- Inspire & Communicate. You are a social person with strong relationship and networked capabilities and enjoy working with others in flexible team constellations
- Mobile and Software-based Business Model Understanding. Our investment strategy revolves around new opportunities arising from the convergence of mobile and software industries with the commercial vehicle industry. Therefore, experience from service and software-based business models is considered a merit
- Fluent in English, both verbal and written
- Effective relationship building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills
- Ability to work with various departments and foster teamwork
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Gather and analyze information skillfully
- Demonstrate resourcefulness and initiative in dealing with daily assumptions
The successful candidate will have shown a winning attitude and great persona in combination with a strong track record.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business, or the equivalent combination of education, training and experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- Ideally 5+ years of relevant experience
- International business experience is a merit
- Experience working in a highly matrixed organization
- Ability to work in a team environment, manage multiple clients, and provide consultative skills throughout the process
- Ideal candidate will be highly motivated with a strong sense of urgency
If interested, please apply here.