Specific information related to the position is outlined below. To apply, click on the button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to your application information. Need Help?
Should you have a disability and need assistance with the application process, please request a reasonable accommodation by emailing Accessibility or by calling 877-891-2510. This email inbox is monitored for reasonable accommodation requests only. Any other correspondence will not receive a response.
Regular or Temporary:
Language Fluency: English (Required)
1st shift (United States of America)
Please review the following job description:
The Investment Director is responsible for sourcing, reviewing, completing and monitoring high quality investments in fintech startups for the strategic and financial benefit of Truist Financial. Truist Ventures is the corporate venture arm of Truist focused on delivering strategic value to Truist’s lines of business and aims to deliver breakthrough impact by bringing together leading startups and Truist’s businesses to scale innovation and deliver outsized returns.
- On February 7, 2019, it was announced that SunTrust Banks, Inc. and BB&T Corporation intend to merge, with the combined entity to be named Truist Financial Corporation (“Truist”). The merger is subject to regulatory approval, and BB&T and SunTrust remain separate and independent companies until the merger closes. This position, which would be for a role with Truist or an affiliate, is contingent upon the merger receiving regulatory approval and closing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
1. Build connectivity across the fintech landscape (VCs, CVCs, Financial Institutions, Startups, Accelerators, etc.) and meet regularly in-person (onsite, conference, other event) and by phone to maintain a pulse on market developments
2. Identify and source leading fintech startups to support key focus areas including digital client experience, commerce and payments, big data and analytics, artificial intelligence and cybersecurity
3. Engage and develop a pipeline of leading startups that fit with the strategic investment themes (above)
4. Support the Truist competitive market landscape and points-of-view on emerging digital trends
5. Support commercialization activity through “test and learn” with line of business (LOB) sponsors and fintech startups (both portfolio and non-portfolio) by running proof-of-concept (PoC)/proof-of-value (PoV) testing
6. Perform due diligence on potential investment opportunities
7. Assist in portfolio company management and monitoring reported financial results
8. Engage with LOBs and Technology leadership to understand strategic roadmaps and help synthesize Truist Ventures investment themes and focus areas
9. Lead internal thought leadership activities in coverage areas by creating and disseminating a synthesis of industry trends through in-person presentations and meetings (i.e., Truist Digital Forum, etc.)
10. Organize meetings with Truist management and fintech startups (roadshows, Silicon Valley trips, etc.)
11. Contribute to external communications to demonstrate Truist thought leadership
12. Represent Truist at external events and financial sector forums
13. Mentor Truist Ventures’ junior personnel to build and strengthen Truist’s market intelligence and innovation capability
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Bachelor’s degree in an analytical discipline with 10+ years of work experience in consulting, finance and/or technology startup
2. Demonstrated skills presenting and engaging Executive-level and business line leaders
3. Independent thinker with strong reasoning skills
4. Demonstrated ability to develop market and strategic insights
5. Strong personal relationship network and connectivity within the venture and entrepreneur ecosystem, especially in New York and Silicon Valley
6. Ability to analyze and interpret financial statements and reports
7. Experience on the Board of a startup or working in a startup environment
8. Willingness to work longer hours to meet investment or other critical deadlines
9. Demonstrated proficiency in basic computer applications, such as Microsoft Office software products
10. Experience with CRM tools including Salesforce
11. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight (especially to NYC and SFO)
1. MBA or other master’s degree is a plus
2. 5+ years of full-cycle venture investing experience with a venture capital firm or corporate venture team
3. 5+ years of experience in a top strategy consulting firm
Truist supports a diverse workforce and is an Equal Opportunity Employer who does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or other classification protected by law. Drug Free Workplace.
Thank you for your interest in Truist! BB&T and SunTrust have come together in a transformational merger of equals to create Truist, the premier financial organization in the country. You may notice references to our legacy company names, BB&T and SunTrust, in places throughout this site. All such references should be understood to refer to Truist moving forward while we continue to transition to the Truist name.
EEO is the Law Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision E-Verify
If interested, please apply here.