Torch Capital is a NY-based, early stage venture firm investing in the next generation of mission-driven consumer companies. With portfolio companies including Acorns, Compass, Ro/Roman, Sweetgreen, Naadam, Tia and Recess, we’re looking to partner with exceptional founders re-thinking the way consumers interact with the world around them.
We are hiring a Director of Corporate Strategy to work side by side with the Founder and Managing Partner, Jonathan Keidan. In this role, you will take the lead and execute on a wide range of key strategic and operational initiatives across the fund. Given we are a small team, this role will be extremely fast paced, dynamic and will provide the right candidate with unmatched exposure to the inner workings of every facet of a venture capital fund.
What you’ll do:
- Initiate and execute on fund level projects including internal products and programs, research deep dives, and create and manage processes that deliver top tier services and experiences to entrepreneurs.
- Drive company and fund related meetings, lead strategic follow up actions, and develop core action plans to increase fund efficiencies.
- Manage and track relationships and communication within the Torch Capital community and partner networks across the venture & start-up ecosystems, to effectively help scale our growing organization.
- Help oversee daily operations of the fund including managing contacts, generating correspondence, maintaining/organizing files, and planning/coordinating meetings and events.
- Serve as a liaison between Investment team, Operations team and Managing Partner regarding project updates, proposals, to-do’s and planning.
What we’re looking for in you:
- You are 2-5 years out of undergrad, and likely worked at a top-tier consulting or financial firm, or an aspiring entrepreneur/operational guru who wants exposure into VC, fundraising and operations of a growing business.
- You are exceptionally organized and have a structured system for completing tasks/projects while constantly re-prioritizing according to evolving needs. Given the high volume, quick speed and wide variety of workflows, you need to approach work with a very structured, logical, yet flexible mindset.
- You are a highly strategic thinker – capable of looking at existing processes, systems and workflows and constantly thinking of ways to improve on them to make the organization more efficient and effective as a whole.
- You’re a self-starter with a “no-task-is-too-small-or-big” mindset. You are extremely curious and eager to get your hands dirty. You have a highly operational mind-set and thoroughly enjoy driving projects from start to completion.
- You are a multitasker and thrive while juggling multiple projects at once. You are dynamic, adaptable and excited by new challenges. When faced with something unfamiliar, you are happy to ask questions, and think creatively to find ways to deliver results for your team.
- You love meeting new people – this is a very social role that includes lots of meetings, company visits, and constant exposure to industry leaders. As such, the right candidate values an “always on the go” mentality.
- You have exceptional attention to detail – every word, sentence structure, number and insight is important. The right individual will pay meticulous attention to detail, while having to shift between tasks and priorities on a regular basis.
How to Apply:
- If all of the above excites you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.