The Director, Solution Strategy and New Business Development, Cardiac & Vascular is responsible for identifying, engaging and managing the business development pipeline for the North American Cardiac and Vascular business. This individual will work closely with the entire organization to identify new opportunities and drive them to conclusion. This individual needs to be able to demonstrate strong interpersonal and communication skills, a focus on organization, and enhanced multitasking abilities.
- Identify and prioritize new business opportunities in novel healthcare solutions and services backed by technological advancements (e.g. digitalization)
- Work with General Manager of Strategic Development of C&V Company along with leaders in the C&V Company business units as well as Corporate Strategy team in Head Quarters to execute on strategy
- Explore and build pipeline of opportunities to drive growth in the changing healthcare environment. i.e. solutions that will improve outcome for consumers and patients while improving cost efficiencies; opportunities that fits within Terumo’s patient centric and disease-oriented strategy
- Evaluate strategic rationale for potential opportunities to be consistent with Terumo’s corporate strategy whether made public or shared internally
- Present to leadership team within the C&V Group. Build consensus amongst cross-functional teams, influence decision-making within senior leaders, and help drive management team decisions
- Develop and maintain relationship with key internal and external partners including start-up companies, investors and professional firms
- Perform market/competitive analysis, financial analysis and valuation for proposed transactions
- Evaluate and recommend optimal structure for partnership to leadership in the C&V Company
- Assess potential risks that is associated with the transaction especially around financial, legal, IP, operational and integration
- Manage due diligence and/or integration activities along with Global Business Development Team in Tokyo as well as respective Business Development teams in the US Business Units
11. Perform other job related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed environment to facilitate cross-company and functional support to effectively perform all required duties.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships, and to lead and influence without authority.
- Ability to think strategically and communicate
- Strong communication and influence skills
- Spontaneous worker with start-up mentality
- Ability to build strategic plans and execute against them backed by strong financial and analytical skills
- Demonstrated success in delivering results
- Ability to be creative and think outside of the box
- Experience in building a data analytics capability
- Experience in evaluating digital health opportunities
- Experience in managing post M&A integration activities
- Experience in leading and managing a team
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience, MBA Preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of business experience in medical device, healthcare or technology with roles in strategy, business development or finance
- Transaction experience in investment banking, private equity or venture capital or consulting firm a plus
- Industry expertise as an industry analyst (healthcare or tech) or management consulting firm a plus
If interested, please apply here.