Stellar Solutions is hiring a Director, Commercial Ventures to be an integral member of the team identifying early stage projects for potential collaboration and investment.
Summary of role: In this role, you will have the opportunity to use your experience with Venture Capital funding, your knowledge of Technology and Space, and your understanding of early stage companies to expand our engagement in start-up Space ventures, growing our business by addressing critical customer needs while realizing dream jobs for our teams.
- Source, develop and create strategy for investment opportunities Stellar Solutions should be pursuing, assess market landscapes, identify exciting companies, and provide thoughtful analyses and recommendations to the leadership team
- Build relationships with leading startups and generate high-quality deal flow by meeting with entrepreneurs and representing the firm at industry events
- Work with portfolio companies on select early stage projects including research, competitive analysis, and product development
- Bachelor’s degree in either Finance, Economics, Business, or Engineering/similar technical
- Plus: experience in Finance, Investment Banking, Corporate Development and/or Product Analysis within a startup, venture capital, management consulting or similar environment and experience in venture capital, startups, or established tech companies (preferably in Space)
- Experience in project management
- Ability to influence without authority, working with technical and cross-functional teams
- Ability to take initiative, adapt quickly to ambiguity and changing priorities and work with a high sense of urgency with an ability to research, create and build strategies
- Collaborative style, high energy, strong networking skills, and the entrepreneurial spirit to expand the platform of a growing top-tier company
- MBA degree or related qualification
- Excellent project management and organizational skills with a demonstrated understanding of the space and technology industry
- Distinctive problem solving, analytical and leadership skills, combined with excellent business judgment and the ability to communicate with an executive team
- Passionate about Space technologies and emerging startups
- Track record of academic and professional success. Technical degrees such as Aero, Mechanical Engineering or EE
If interested, please apply here.