SKTA is looking to add a key member to the venture investment and business development team. The candidate will play a central role in developing the investment ecosystem (advisor network, EIRs, etc.), sourcing and evaluating new opportunities, building investment theses, executing transactions in a timely manner, as well as supporting current portfolio companies.
- Source, identify, and analyze new investment opportunities by working with the team to expand its co-investment and corporate partner ecosystems (VCs, CVCs, Accelerators, Incubators, CXOs, Subject Matter Experts)
- Develop investment theses and deep dive on specific technology areas with subject matter experts
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, and competitive landscape; share findings with investment team
- Lead in coordinating annual tech event (e.g. Demo Day)
- Lead efforts in due diligence on potential investment opportunities and prepare investment memo
- Execute new and/or follow-on investments, including deal structuring and financial modeling
- Assist and support portfolio companies with business strategy, financial review, and investors, partners and customers introduction
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering; Master’s Degree preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience, preferably directly in venture capital and/or corporate development
- Technical and operating experience in high growth startups
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency with data manipulation, financial models, cap tables and presentations
- Familiarity and passion for core technologies
- Must be a self-starter, solutions oriented, comfortable working with minimal oversight and taking on new tasks on-demand/as needed
Location of the position is in Sunnyvale, CA.
For more information, visit http://www.skta.com
SK telecom Americas (SKTA) is the venture investment and business development arm of SK Telecom, the largest mobile operator in South Korea. SK telecom also owns SK Hynix, the second largest memory chip maker. SKTA’s core activities include technology incubation (Innopartners), corporate venture investments (CVC) and corporate development. Area of strategic interests spans across a broad spectrum of core technology segments – AI, Communications, Semiconductor, Cloud, Big Data, Blockchain, IoT, Mobility, Cybersecurity, and more.
If interested, please apply here.