Singtel Innov8, (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) the venture capital arm of the Singtel Group, invests in and partners with innovative tech start-ups worldwide. It has a fund size of US$250 million and its own set of decision making, approval and funding processes. Beyond funding, Singtel Innov8 is a gateway for start-ups to tap on the resources and expertise of the Singtel Group, while enabling the Group to gain access to emerging technologies. Singtel Innov8 focuses its investments on technologies and solutions that can lead to quantum changes in network capabilities, next generation devices, digital services and enablers to enhance customer experience. Headquartered in Singapore, Singtel Innov8 also has offices in San Francisco and Tel Aviv.Reporting to the CEO the Director will be responsible for-
- Sourcing, evaluating and closing potential investment opportunities that meet Innov8’s investment criteria in Singapore, across SE Asia, India and Australia
- Supporting and managing Innov8 portfolio companies
- Assisting in scouting and tracking promising new inventions and technologies from around the world.
- Helping Innov8 investee companies leverage on the resources, expertise and networks of the Singtel Group.
- Promoting the Innov8 brand across Singapore, SE Asia, India and Australia
- Assist to build the Innov8 brand to be the investor of choice in the Telco/ICT industry.
- Scout and track promising new inventions and technologies from around the world. Provide visibility on future trends in the Telco/ICT industry.
- Source, evaluate and execute investments in companies or entrepreneurs with products and services that meet the investment objectives of Innov8.
- Monitor, nurture, mentor and assist Innov8 investee companies to maturity.
- Assist in the fund raising and eventual exit of the Innov8 investee companies.
- Help investee companies leverage on the resources, expertise and networks of the Singtel Group.
- On activities to promote the Innov8 and Singtel brand in Singapore (and overseas) as a partner of choice and preferred investor for startups, venture capital, IHLs and industry players
- Prepare monthly and quarterly reports on Innov8’s investment activities
- A good degree from a recognized university.
- Experience in venture capital investing including deal sourcing, investment execution and post investment monitoring and support
- Strong understanding of startup ecosystems and culture
- Strong external network/relationships with other startup ecosystem players including other VCs, entrepreneurs, investors, corporate innovation programs and government innovation agencies
- Excellent written & oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently while being a team player.
- Ability to multi-task and work with tight project timelines.
- Ability to travel on a regular basis.
If interested, please apply here.