Siemens Healthineers is hiring a key individual for the global Ventures and Business Development (SHS ST VT) team. This person will report to the global Head of Ventures and Business Development. This is an individual contributor role without direct reports. The preferred location for the position is Tarrytown, NY which is commutable by public transportation from NYC.
The Ventures and Business Development team focuses on the inorganic growth of the global Siemens Healthineers portfolio via M&A, venture investing and business incubation. Key functional responsibilities:
- Manage process for dynamic and healthy M&A pipeline
- Create the M&A road map in partnership with the businesses
- Support the businesses in the early gates in the capital approval process
- Create the VC and Business Incubation strategy and manage the VC processes including pipeline in partnership with the CVC team
- Establish effective processes for investing in, partnering with and incubating early stage companies to realize new avenues of growth and innovation
Team members have the opportunity to develop relationships across the organization including significant interaction with business leadership, strategy organization, mergers & acquisition team, venture capital partners, and other functions involved in M&A and VC and business incubation assessments. The SI VT team has visibility with executive leadership of Healthineers.
The selected candidate will have a leadership role in driving the results of the ST VT team which include creating and managing the processes, developing the content and building internal and external relationships to realize the mission. Key focus areas include:
- Developing the M&A road map for the company which includes:
- a)Work collaboratively with the businesses to develop and identify high priority inorganic activity
- b)Screen market for opportunities
- c)Lead the strategic evaluation/desktop due diligence of identified high priority targets
- d)Support the businesses through the early gates of the capital approval processes by ensuring highest levels of quality and providing value-added strategic evaluation/insights
- e)Consolidation and prioritization of opportunities across the portfolio with quarterly tracking and updates to executive leadership
- Drive the VC strategy to provide investment options relevant to Healthineers long term strategy and to support connectivity to the external innovation ecosystem and which includes:
- a)Development and prioritization of key action fields relevant to Healthineers strategy
- b)Develop investment thesis for action fields
- c)Triage opportunities and scout for new opportunities
- d)building relationships with key ecosystem participants
Professional Experience and Qualifications:
- 10 years of work experience relevant to the position requirements
- Strong understanding of healthcare landscape and the dynamics of the in-vitro and in-vivo diagnostics industries is required
- Consulting, Corporate Development, M&A or VC experience is a plus
- Strong quantitative and financial analysis skills is required; need to be comfortable in excel, data analytics, powerpoint
- High level of intellectual curiosity, self-motivated to solve difficult issues, continually seeking ways to improve
- German language skills a plus
- Making Complex Decisions. Great at gleaning meaning from whatever data is available. Is a quick study. Able to see multiple futures and solutions. Adds personal wisdom and experience to come to the best solution given the situation.
- Keeping on Point. Can quickly separate the mission critical from the nice to dos and the trivial. Quickly senses the next most useful thing to work on; focuses on the critical tasks that really add value.
- Well Organized and Resourceful. Effective and efficient at marshaling multiple resources to get things done. Able to get things done with less in less time. Foresees and plans around obstacles.
- Getting Work Done Through Others. Manages people well. Gets the most / best out of people. Sets and communicates goals; measures accomplishments; holds people accountable and keeps people informed.
- Communication. Knows how to relate effectively with multiple levels of the organization including top management. Able to convey insights to multiple audiences in multiple mediums.
- Flexibility. Can do attitude with high energy and driven to realize results. Comfortable with “roll-up-the-sleeves” culture where individual accountability for team success is important
If interested, please apply here.