Seven Peaks Ventures (7PV) is seeking a Director, Finance for its headquarters in Bend, Oregon. 7PV is the largest early-stage (Seed, A Round) venture capital fund based in Oregon, and according to CB Insights is one of the top 10 in terms of returns of over 200 funds started in 2013. The company offers excellent work-life balance, benefits and work atmosphere in one of the most livable cities in the USA, which also offers the ability to develop and grow your financial career.
This role includes the development of financial, risk management, and operational strategies for the company and its’ funds, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company and fund assets and report accurate financial results. 7PV is hiring this position to support the growth in the organization and increased investment activity. Reporting to the CFO, this position will play an integral part in developing and implementing key strategies, procedures and controls around fund and portfolio company management, quarterly financial reporting and other key processes. Over time, this position can expand into a partner-level CFO role for the successful high-performing leader.
- Maintain general ledgers and investment details for multiple funds.
- Prepare and review trial balances and work papers.
- Liaise with outside accountants/tax preparers to provide relevant documentation for tax compliance and production of annual K-1 statements
- Produce fund financial statements and corresponding supporting schedules.
- Monitor compliance with partnership agreements and relevant side letters.
- Calculate complex fund allocation details.
- Prepare quarterly investor capital account statements.
- Interface with investment partners to determine timing of portfolio company financings.
- Manage information received to determine cash needs of the funds.
- Prepare capital call/distribution allocations and notices and monitor related receipts and disbursements.
- Manage and administer the due diligence process for prospective investments
- Prepare and maintain capitalization tables (including exit analyses) for prospective and existing portfolio companies
- Prepare analysis of distributions upon sale of portfolio companies
- Manage document collection in connection with portfolio financing and liquidity activity.
- Perform cash and portfolio reconciliations.
- Assist in the annual audit and tax preparation work including supporting computations for relevant footnote disclosures.
- Respond quickly and accurately to limited partners inquiries and investor confirmation requests.
- Oversee employee benefit plans (i.e., health insurance and 401K plans), with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
- Assist with ad-hoc projects as required
- Bachelor’s degree with concentration in accounting – Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license (or equivalent) preferred, but not required.
- Ideal candidate will have 1-4+ years of private equity and/or venture capital experience plus 2-4 years of public accounting experience focused on private equity and or mergers & acquisitions. Candidates without public accounting experience will also be considered.
- Strong partnership accounting foundation and knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP). Tax experience a plus but not required.
- Experience in preparing general ledgers and financial statements for fund entities.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency with enterprise accounting systems as well as strong Excel and Word competencies.
- Must have an outstanding attitude, strong work ethic, and be self-motivated and proactive, with the ability to multi-task and balance priorities while maintaining a high level of attention to detail.
- Should have experience in partnering with an investment team and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
If interested, please apply here.