Sesame Workshop is seeking a Director, Strategy and Ventures to join the Strategy and Ventures department. The Strategy department is responsible for providing strategic advice and consulting services to the Company’s internal business units. The team’s work encompasses industry/market and competitive analysis, financial modeling, business plan development, and identifying and assessing the pros and cons of possible strategies/paths.
The Director, Strategy and Ventures is a hands-on position on the Strategy team. This individual contributor will work closely with the team’s two Vice Presidents and Executive Vice President to support multiple divisions in the organization including Media & Education, Social Impact & Philanthropy, and Sesame Ventures. Day-to-day work will include identifying issues and formulating hypotheses, developing financial models, conducting market and competitive research, synthesizing findings in slide decks, and presenting work and recommendations to internal business teams and leadership. A key aspect of the job is being able to assess and analyze large amounts of information/data, develop a coherent point of view, and present the information to stakeholders in a manner that enables effective decision-making.
Additionally, the Strategy and Ventures department oversees Sesame Ventures, a $15M investment portfolio with double bottom line objectives. While the group is not actively soliciting or directly investing in companies, we partner with Venture Capital (VC) funds that find and invest in start-ups that are aligned with Sesame’s mission. The Director will help strategically manage our Sesame Ventures relationships, communicating regularly with our VC partners to ensure alignment and, as needed, engaging directly with their portfolio companies to maximize the mutual benefits of the partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree; MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in consulting, banking, private equity and/or in a similar function within a media organization
- Proven ability to take charge of generating hypotheses, identifying information sources, gathering and interpreting data, executing analysis, and presenting findings to team members and stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills, including deep experience with conducting financial analysis and modeling
- Demonstrated ability to write effectively and communicate ideas in PowerPoint decks
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and work effectively with people at all levels in the organization
If interested, please apply here.