SeedInvest (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) was founded by Ryan Feit and James Han and officially launched in February 2013. SeedInvest was instrumental in the passage of the 2012 JOBS Act, which changed 80-year-old U.S. securities laws to make it possible for entrepreneurs to raise capital over the Internet. Since then, SeedInvest has worked closely with members of the SEC, FINRA, the White House, and the Treasury Department on the implementation of the JOBS Act. SeedInvest has been featured in The Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, the Washington Post, the Economist, Fortune Magazine, Inc. Magazine, Entrepreneur Magazine, Forbes, TechCrunch, CNN, Bloomberg, CNBC, MSNBC and FoxBusiness. You can also watch our three appearances on MadMoney with Jim Cramer (here, here and here).
SeedInvest is seeking a Director to lead our Venture Capital Sourcing team in New York City. SeedInvest is looking for someone with significant experience in leading deal sourcing at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund or Investment Bank. This is an opportunity to contribute significantly to a leading equity crowdfunding platform which is dramatically changing the way private companies raise capital.
SeedInvest provides ~150,000 investors with access to private company investments for the first time and enables founders to spend less time fundraising and more time building their businesses. SeedInvest moves the antiquated process of private company fundraising online but in a high-quality way, only accepting 1% of companies which have historically applied. If you are interested in joining a leading fintech startup which Jim Cramer said “could be the future of how startups get funded,” we’d love to hear from you.
We are looking for someone:
- With a deep passion for startups, entrepreneurship, and investing
- Who can hit the ground running and lead a sourcing team
- Who can develop relationships with top startup companies
- Who can drive revenue and manage a P&L
- With strong critical thinking skills and creativity
You’ll be expected to:
- Build origination/sourcing teams from scratch
- Establish and manage KPIs across the entire sourcing team
- Establish best practices and guide members of the sourcing team
- Continually find ways to improve our processes across the board
- Generate leads for new investment opportunities, with a particular focus around larger investment opportunities
- Build and maintain relations with startup founders and management teams
- Perform preliminary due diligence on select investment opportunities
- Present investment opportunities to our Screening Committee on a weekly basis
The minimum requirements are:
- BA/BS degree from a top-tier institution
- Significant experience (VP, Principal, or above) with sourcing investment opportunities at a top-tier Venture Capital fund, Growth Equity fund or Investment Bank
- Proven track record of sourcing and closing deals
- Proven track record of building and managing a team
- Excellent finance and accounting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
If Interested, please apply here.