Rich’s, also known as Rich Products Corporation, is a family-owned food company dedicated to inspiring possibilities. From cakes and icings to pizza, appetizers and specialty toppings, our products are used in homes, restaurants and bakeries around the world. Beyond great food, our customers also gain insights to help them stay competitive, no matter their size. Our portfolio includes creative solutions geared at helping food industry professionals compete in foodservice, retail, in-store bakery, deli, and prepared foods, among others. Working in 100 locations globally, with annual sales exceeding $3.8 billion, Rich’s is a global leader with a focus on everything that family makes possible. Rich’s®—Infinite Possibilities. One Family.
This is a senior-level hire with the responsibility of discovering and structuring deals with innovative. high growth companies in the FoodTech space. The role has two key components:
- Rich Products Venture Investing – approximately 60% of the time will be spent as a senior member of the venture investing team. This will include sourcing investment opportunities, structuring and negotiating terms of the investment, performing due diligence and ultimately supporting these investments in their growth and their interactions with Rich Products. In addition to this the individual will be involved in putting in place operational infrastructure to help the fund as it scales. This will include best in class reporting and analytics as well as tools to continually improve its deal sourcing efforts.
- Rich Products Corporate Development – approximately 40% of the time will be spent looking at opportunities for RPC to accelerate growth through innovative deals with 3rd party companies. This can include acquisitions, minority investments, joint ventures, licensing or non-traditional business development deals. Responsibilities in this role would include sourcing opportunities, collaborating with business unit heads and the broader RPC team to perform due diligence and set strategic and operational goals, structuring deal terms and supporting these endeavors after the close of the transaction.
The goal of this role will be to provide tangible financial benefit to the organization through returns on invested dollars, incremental revenues and profits and strategic insights.
Core Responsibilities – Venture Capital
- Proactive outreach as well as building and maintaining a strong network in the FoodTech space including private companies and venture capital investors
- Leading and executing all aspects of a deal, including negotiation, financial analysis, deal structuring, due diligence and documentation
- Preparing deal memos for the investment committee
- Board observer or board director involvement in portfolio companies
- Supporting portfolio companies as they raise funds, hire talent and grow revenues
- Putting in place reporting and analytics to help the fund scale efficiently
- Coaching and developing junior colleagues
Core Responsibilities – Corporate Development
- Building and maintaining a strong network in the FoodTech space including private companies and intermediaries such as investment bankers and private equity investors
- Developing innovative ideas for how RPC can work with third party companies and develop ‘win-win’ outcomes where incremental revenues and profits are generated for both companies.
- Collaborating with business units to evaluate opportunities and structure deals.
- Leading and executing all aspects of a deal, including negotiation, financial analysis, deal structuring, due diligence and documentation.
- 15+ years of experience in venture investing and / or corporate development
- Industry knowledge that complements existing team including areas such as enterprise software, AI, e-commerce and robotics.
- Operational experience at a large corporation collaborating and consensus building between teams
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the confidence to convey informed viewpoints to colleagues and external counterparties at all levels of seniority
- Strong understanding of finance and accounting including the ability to build financial models
- A proactive, driven self-starter, who thrives on challenges, can manage multiple workstreams concurrently and is able to work collaboratively with team members at all levels
- Collaborative personality that works well in a non-hierarchical environment; Passionate about the FoodTech space
Rich Products Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates (“Rich’s”), are committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity, and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing undue hardship on Rich’s. Please contact Rich’s Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance completing this application or to otherwise participate in the application process.
If interested, please apply here.