Rev1 (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is the investor startup studio that combines capital and strategic services to help startups scale and corporates innovate. Based in the Midwest, and in the number one city for scaling startups, Rev1 aligns innovators and founders with corporate and research partners to access customers and markets, helping entrepreneurs build great companies.
Reporting to the Executive Vice President, Investment Funds, the Director – Investment Funds is a critical member of a team that analyzes, executes, and manages investments in concept, seed, and early stage companies across several dedicated capital funds. The position will work across Rev1 Ventures’ investment funds including: Rev1 Fund I, Rev1 Ventures concept funds, and dedicated funds investing in companies commercializing technologies developed at innovation partners The Ohio State University, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, and OhioHealth. Rev1 Ventures invests across a broad range of technology sectors, including information technology, life sciences, advanced materials, agribusiness, and alternative energy.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead Rev1 Ventures due diligence processes to evaluate technology, products, business, and financial plans; perform customer and market assessments, competitive analyses, and model capital requirements across the early stage company life cycle. Counsel companies and prepare variance analyses, investment memoranda, and conduct research for comparable company/investment data.
- Work with Rev1 Venture Acceleration and Investment staff to ensure a consistent investment process. Manage pre-investment committee checklist, investor presentation development, and critical review and risk assessment of prospective investments.
- Participate with the Rev1 Investment team in the negotiation and management of the investment process of approved investments, including preparation of term sheets, support in the negotiation process, analyzing investment terms, generation of investment materials, and working with counsel to complete definitive investment documentation.
- Build and help manage relationships with venture funds, strategic investors, angel investors, and other key investment stakeholders, including supporting Rev1 Ventures’ efforts to attract new, high quality investment opportunities. Evaluate, appropriately document, and report on new investment opportunities to meet deal flow objectives.
- Work with Rev1’s CFO-in-Residence to develop forecasts for prospective portfolio companies. Assist in financial model assumption development and stress testing. Perform variance analysis of actual versus budget for prospective investments and current portfolio companies.
- Assist in monitoring portfolio company progress and maintain up-to-date records within Rev1’s CRM system, Salesforce.com. Respond to a variety of information and data reporting needs. 1275 Kinnear Rd. Columbus, OH 43212 | 614.487.3700 | rev1ventures.com
- Assist in maintenance and management of third party databases (e.g. Pitchbook, Crunchbase, CB Insights), updating for investment activities.
- Generate required internal approval forms and documentation necessary for investment related activities, including disbursements of funds, in accordance with Rev1 Ventures program policies and procedures, fund management agreements, and state grant and loan agreements.
- Implement procedures for driving funding metrics and their reporting to members, Ohio Development Services Agency, and other key stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing fund level reporting and annual meeting preparation for Rev1 Ventures various investment funds and capital call documentation preparation as needed.
If interested, please email Kyleigh Halsey (Kyleigh@rev1ventures.com)