Sidewalk Labs (LinkedIn, Crunchbase) is an Alphabet company tackling the challenges of urban growth. In partnership with Waterfront Toronto and the local community, we are currently designing a district in Toronto’s Eastern Waterfront. This joint venture, called Sidewalk Toronto, will blend people-centered urban design with cutting-edge technology to achieve new standards of sustainability, affordability, mobility, and economic opportunity.
Sidewalk’s Investments team spans asset classes including early stage venture capital, growth equity, structured infrastructure financing and real estate development investments across capital structures. The team is responsible for the technology and real estate transactions required to develop a large scale technology enabled urban realm. This position is ideal for someone who is passionate about the future of cities and wants to be part of a team focused on how technology will shape that future.
What is the role?
This role will report to the Head of Investments, and collaborate closely with members of the Planning and Development team. We are looking for an experienced real estate investment professional capable of managing all dimensions of complex transactions with a particular focus on implementing bespoke capital structures.
In this role, you will manage transactions including:
- Originating, diligencing, modeling, structuring, and executing real estate debt and equity investments;
- Leading capital formation with a particular focus on structuring and implementing third party senior and subordinated credit facilities;
- Underwriting the impact of Sidewalk’s technology portfolio on traditional real estate economics through complex financial modeling;
- Negotiating and managing development partnerships;
- Presenting investment opportunities to Sidewalk’s Investment Committee.
What we expect
- Experience: At least 10 years of experience in real estate finance either in house at a developer of large scale mixed use urban districts or at an investment firm that finances such projects.
- Capital Formation: Track record of implementing complex capital structures including raising third party debt and equity financing.
- Financial Modeling: Expertise in complex quantitative financial analysis.
- Excellent Communicator: Precise written, verbal, and presentation skills.
If interested, please apply here.