Qualgro is a Singapore based firm investing at Series A & B, in B2B businesses in Data & SaaS, across Southeast Asia and Australia/NZ.
We are currently expanding our investment team and are looking for an exceptional candidate to join our team as Investment Director with a view to progressing towards Partner level.
Coming from a Venture Capital, Engineering/Startup, or Investment Banking/Consulting background, the ideal candidate will have proven knowledge and passion for technology-centric businesses and 7+ years of experience.
Working closely with Qualgro’s current Partners and Investment Managers, the role will play an integral role in Qualgro’s investment team.
Detail oriented and highly analytical, the Investment Director will lead a team of Investment Managers to perform comprehensive market, financial, technology, due diligence on early-stage companies in-line with Qualgro’s investment thesis.
- Technical background and / or MBA is preferred
- 7+ years of experience including 4+ experience in VC or relevant industries: Industry Operations, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Strategic Consulting
- Proven track record in dealflow origination, deal flow management
- Demonstrable experience in company, market, competitive, technology, financial analysis/diligence
- Experience in deal structuring and negotiations
- Hands-on industry operations experience
- Team management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- International exposure from previous work experience
Roles and responsibilities include:
- Report to the General Partners and lead a small team of Investment Managers
- Coordinate tasks with existing Qualgro Investment Managers
- Coach team members; help grow team’s capabilities and contribute to Qualgro’s highly-positive and entreprenerial spirit
- Originate and manage new investment opportunities
- Co-ordinate extensive financial modelling, deal structuring, market and technology analysis
- Take full control of due diligence; including market, team, tech differentiation, financial plan
- Lead the preparation of investment committee papers
- Present new investment opportunities to the investment committee
- Represent Qualgro at tech conferences and industry related events
- Build relationships within the startup community across Southeast Asia, Australia/NZ
- Location: Singapore
- Start date: immediate
- Remuneration: TBD – this is a critical leadership role within Quaglro, with a fast-track to partnership
If interested, please apply here.