Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person.
Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
Report to the Vice President and Global Head of Corporate Development and Ventures of PayPal Lead and develop inorganic growth opportunities for PayPal globally – from idea to proposal to deal execution– taking a holistic, cross-functional approach
- Own all aspects of the deal, including sourcing, qualification, initial rationale/pitch, financial modeling, due diligence and closing activities
- Lead and coordinate a cross-functional deal team within PayPal as well as serve as a primary point of contact to target portfolio company management
- Manage and mentor junior deal support team members who assist with sourcing/market research, financial modeling and diligence
- Ambitiously identify and qualify new ideas & companies for PayPal from internal & external sources; keeping close ties to PayPal executives and industry leaders (entrepreneurs, investors and bankers)
- 7+ years in Corporate Development, Private Equity, Venture Capital or Investment Banking, in addition to 3+ years in Management Consulting, Business Development, Product Marketing, Product Management/Development
- MBA from top-rated business school, or similar level of experience and skills
- Experience in a deal environment as well as an operational one where people leadership was required
- Strong analytical skills, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with accounting & key operational metrics
- Adept with technology and a strategic thinker – knows what’s best for the business
- Excellent judgment, mature personality, and experience working with executives; a sophisticated and well-connected, worldly businessperson
- Team player, pro-active and action oriented, anticipates needs, is assertive, and is highly accountable
We’re a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
If interested, please apply here.