The Director of Venture Investments is responsible to evaluate venture investment opportunities, complete diligence on targeted investments and build relationships with strategic partners. Coordinate the deal flow management of companies being considered for investment, design, implement and coordinate clinical and business diligence efforts, summarize diligence work and investment recommendations. Will be expected to interact with Executive Leadership, both clinical and business, and subject matter experts to assist with evaluation of technologies presented for venture investment including diagnostic, therapeutic, medical device and digital health technologies, and to determine applicability of the technologies in the OSF Healthcare System environment. Will be responsible for coordination and oversight of technology companies collaborating with OSF innovation partnerships for pilot testing and usability services. Serves as a liaison to incubator and accelerator program partners and other institutions working with start-up companies with healthcare technologies.
- Master’s degree with advanced business education (MBA) required.
- Medical Doctor or equivalent required.
- At least 2 years of relevant investment or transaction experience, venture capital, private equity or investment banking or related entrepreneurial experience required.
- At least 5 years of related work experience or academic research in clinical practice required.
- At least 2 years of related work experience or academic research in cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques required.
- At least 1 year of experience with human factors, usability and pilot testing for medical devices and medical software required.
- Basic knowledge of intellectual property (IP), FDA guidelines, and regulatory landscape for assessing healthcare startups required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, an attention to detail, an aptitude for logical thinking, a commitment to professional ethics, and the ability to interact with and manage venture investment staff as well as experience working in non-profit sector and with sensitive and confidential information.
- Analytical skills required to address operational, regulatory and commercialization challenges of start-up companies, to gather and interpret financial, regulatory and clinical data, and to prepare clear, concise management reports.
If interested, please apply here.