Barcelona Mobile Ventures (BMV), the company that creates new technology-based companies of the Mobile World Capital Barcelona Foundation, is designed to help consolidate Mobile World Capital Barcelona as the right place to create and expand mobile and digital businesses.
Within the BMV, two strategic programs are promoted with the aim of accelerating the globalization of the startups Barcelona ecosystem. The first is the Mobile Acceleration Hub, thanks to which we have attracted some of the best international acceleration programs. In this phase of the program, our goal is to help startups grow ( Scale-up ) and efficiently manage the portfolio of investments made.
In the second program, The Collider , where we are currently putting most of our resources, pursues the development and commercialization of the next technologies that will radically change society and industries. Collider is a Venture Building and Tech Transfer programfor the creation of technology-based companies with scientific elements. Part of the combination of scientific talent that has developed solutions, the result of research projects, and talent of entrepreneurs with experience and management skills, business development and management with investors. We are working together with Research Centers and Universities to identify and co-develop those potential technologies that will create the next billion-dollar markets.
In everything we do, innovation is at its core. That is why the candidate must be as passionate as we are in terms of innovation, technology, digital transformation and new companies.
We have a talented team dedicated to identifying and implementing interesting initiatives, and now, we need the experience of a leader who contributes to overcoming the objectives of our programs.
What will be the responsibilities of the position?
– To be the investment arm of the MWCB, destined to invest and accelerate high growth startups around the world
– Responsible for the P & L of the company
– Strategic and operational planning
– Align the strategic objectives of BMV with the vision and objectives
– Monitoring of the investment portfolio of BMV
– Develop Collider, the creator of companies in Tech Transfer
– Design the organization and manage the appropriate team
– Responsible for institutional relations related to BMV
- More than 5 years of experience in business creation programs (Venture Building) and acceleration of startups
- Experience in portfolio management of invested companies (in Venture Capital firms or investment groups)
- Experience in Tech Transfer programs from Universities and Technology Centers
- Experience in managing multidisciplinary teams in complex programs
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a strong action bias
- Knowledge of the entrepreneurial ecosystem and new technology companies
- Experience in negotiation and contract management
- Have a strategic mind and be able to translate a strategic vision into operational plans
- Desirable experience in strategic consulting firms or similar
- Excellent interpersonal skills, able to interact with people at all levels; team player and experienced in people management
- Oriented to action and oriented to results, very capable of working autonomously, proactively
- Strong presentation, verbal and written relationship skills
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written
- Ability to work well with external partners and agencies in a collaborative and professional environment
If interested, please apply here.