With our portfolio of global Power Brands such as Oreo and belVita biscuits, Cadbury Dairy Milk and Milka chocolate and Trident gum, we’re the world’s #1 in biscuits and candy, and #2 in chocolate and gum. We’re Mondelēz International, a snacking powerhouse with operations in more than 80 countries, with approximately 90,000 employees globally and our brands are marketed in around 165 countries.
Our purpose and vision is to create more MOMENTS OF JOY by building the BEST SNACKING COMPANY IN THE WORLD.
An exciting and varied position, the Venture Capital Director will lead Mondelēz International’s venture approach to investing in smaller, high growth snack companies.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic self-starter who works on own initiative with light supervision. He or she must be confident and positive, high-energy, cultured, capable of easily interacting with senior management.
- Lead Mondelēz International’s investments into small, high growth snacking companies
- Identify new consumer and investment trends and target company opportunities
- Lead earlier stage company deal screening call and/or meet with prospects, evaluate opportunities in collaboration with Mondelēz International’s global business team
- Build a robust pipeline of high potential emerging companies and try to unlock these opportunities
- Network and partner with key decision makers in other Venture Capital (VC) and Private Equity (PE) food & beverage platforms
- Build trusting relationships with entrepreneurs, private company owners and VC and PE investors to understand their needs and appropriately position Mondelēz International as the strategic investor of choice to give us preferential access to investments
- Maintain a database of contacts, call notes, potential deals, follow-up items to track progress
- Perform valuation analysis and modelling
- Develop and execute creative investment structures for entrepreneurs, VC/PE investors and Mondelēz International
- Review legal documents for new investments, lead the preparation of internal investment memos, present to Mondelēz International senior management and obtain required approvals for investments
- Work internally with business teams to explore opportunities to leverage the Mondelēz International capabilities to accelerate growth and create value for companies we invest in.
Required Skills & Experience
- MBA from a top business school
- 3+ years of investment experience (Venture Capital, early stage Private Equity) in the consumer goods industry, preferably food & beverage
- Proven track record of identifying, evaluating, negotiating and closing deals
- Additional experience as an entrepreneur and/or working in a start-up or early stage company or incubator is a plus
- Strong network of VC/PE firms, advisors, investment firms
- Self-motivated and proactive individual with a track record of increasing responsibility
- Strong knowledge of the consumer goods industry and its key current and emerging trends
- Experience with cash flow modeling and investment valuation techniques along with strong analytical and pipeline screening skills
- Well regarded by peers and others in industry
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
Mondelēz Global LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Applicants who require accommodation to participate in the job application process may contact 847-943-5460 for assistance.
If interested, please apply here.