Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the world’s best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
Comcast’s machineQ business is focused on building networks and a platform for connected things, which will enable a new approach to managing our businesses, our communities, and our lives. Our mission is to help organizations leverage the latest in sensor, network, and software technologies to gather, transmit, and create actionable intelligence from the physical world.
From improving the customer experience to creating new revenue opportunities, organizations are transforming how they operate with machineQ services. As a “start-up” within a Fortune 50 company, the machineQ business is uniquely positioned to leverage assets across Comcast’s group of companies and brands, while at the same time remaining focused and agile to drive innovation in this emerging sector. Development of this business requires cultivating relationships with various external groups that foster entrepreneurial engagement in the IOT ecosystem. Equally important is the development of relationships with emerging businesses and potential partners across various industries.
The Director of New Business Ventures will be responsible for the origination, negotiation and execution of partner opportunities for machineQ. He or She will be responsible for maintaining a partner pipeline, prioritizing opportunities based on economic value, the creation and execution of strategic partnerships and also making potential investments in relevant partners. Developing strong relationships with relevant venture capital organizations, incubators and accelerators will be an important part of this role. Creativity, innovation and a focus on execution will also be critical to success. Maintaining a strong familiarity with the emerging IOT landscape and the various components of the IOT ecosystem will be an ongoing endeavor. You will work closely with cross-functional teams including Product Strategy, Finance, Business Development, Legal and Engineering.The Director will collaborate with product and marketing team to communicate with the startup ecosystem.
This role can be located in Philadelphia, PA or San Francisco, CA and will require moderate travel
- Leads the development, negotiation and execution of business opportunities with partners
- Application of frameworks to assess the economic value of partner opportunities including business case development, NPV/IRR analysis
- Conducts negotiations with internal business units in support of distribution opportunities for machineQ partners
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with VCs, Incubators and Accelerators to create a robust partner pipeline
- Generates an investment thesis and can present opportunities and risks associated with potential investments to senior management
- Independently conducts due diligence and the execution of investments in partner candidates with minimal direction
- Develops strategic points of view on new applications and solution areas for machineQ partner engagement
- Thought leadership on new programs or creative deal structures that will drive the partner ecosystem
- Idea generation and analysis of “bolt on” acquisition opportunities for machineQ.
- Supports the execution of POC (Proof of Concept) opportunities with Sales and Product teams
- Demonstrates excellent project management skills, and can manage the delivery of projects with tight deadlines on time and to strategy.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent in Business, Finance or related degree (MBA or equivalent executive level experience is preferred)
- 10+ years of relevant technical and analytical work experience (including business development, technical sales, or program/product management experience).
- Proven engagement and interaction with the partners, managers, investors and founders of startup organizations.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience working within startups, VC, and/or Corporate Development is critical.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges,
- Experience with account management, relationship management and solution selling.
- Experience with IOT/M2M a big plus!
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, yet unstructured environment
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to travel approximately
If interested, please apply here.