The Investment Director is responsible for supporting LACI and its portfolio companies in raising funding to increase the success rate and efficiency of our collective efforts to build an inclusive green economy. The Investment Director is responsible for developing and managing relationships with multiple investment and funding sources in the seed, venture, mission-driven, and alternative funding worlds, including angel networks, corporate venture groups, venture investment firms, impact investment firms, family offices, and other alternative sources. The Investment Director will direct a process by which LACI portfolio companies achieve “investment readiness,” and drive efficient and effective methods to facilitate introductions between “investment ready” portfolio companies and relevant dilutive and non-dilutive funders. The Investment Director will also work with LACI executive leadership toward development of potential LACI direct investment and financial support mechanisms.
- Investment and funding Development and Management
- Develop new and actively manage existing relationships with aligned funders and investors relevant to our portfolio companies and organizational strategy.
- Facilitate introductions and reinforce relationships between our investment ready portfolio companies and highly aligned potential funders.
- Maintain and build on the LACI brand and perception of delivering high-quality opportunities to relevant funding communities.
- Align funding opportunities and network with LACI economic, environmental and social impact goals.
- Work with the LACI Market Transformation team to guide development of an investment thesis for our sector focus areas (transportation, energy, smart cities) to align both portfolio company recruitment and funder appetite and relevance.
- Portfolio Company Funding Support
- Support portfolio companies in preparing to receive funding by directing programs and efforts that assist with best-in-class:
- Capital campaign development and execution
- Financial model development
- Business model development
- Market analysis
- Transaction marketing documents and materials development
- Guide the formation and population of the Data Room
- Manage the Investment Fundamentals program
- Support funder identification, outreach and negotiation process
- Research and communicate relevant trends to key stakeholders
- Manage the US DOE funded Capital Access Program (CAP)
- Work with contractors and program team to deliver outputs per DOE Grant
- Lead and coordinate reporting as required by the grant
- Additional Responsibilities:
- Support the development of special events for investors and portfolio companies
- Assist with vetting of portfolio company applications
- Maintain database of investor contacts
- Assist with development of a direct LACI investment funding mechanism
- Manage quarterly Dealbook and investment update and investor-facing collateral and communications
- 7+ years of investment/finance experience
- Experience raising capital in a startup or advising capital raises for startups
- Deep understanding of investment landscape and investor network in the US
- Experience in the cleantech, energy or mobility/transportation sectors preferred
If interested please apply here.