At Lam Research, we develop the equipment that allows chipmakers to build state of the art semiconductr devices. Virtually every leading-edge chip inside the electronic products you use every day has been made using our equipment.
Lam Research Capital is the venture arm of Lam Capital, enabling us to extend our core technologies into new markets by investing in startups with disruptive technologies.
Lam Research Capital is looking to hire a director of China operations.
Core Responsibilities Include:
- Fully understand Lam’s strategy for core and emerging businesses; understand role of Lam Research Capital.
- Develop and strengthen Lam’s presence in the Chinese startup community and centers of innovation in all verticals of interest to Lam.
- Develop and strengthen Lam Capital’s relationship with the VC community in China.
- Work closely with the team in Fremont to align and to update.
- Develop processes to enable Lam to invest in startups in China as indicated.Requirements:
- Masters or PhD in engineering or Science.
- MBA strongly desired.
- Venture experience a plus.
- Experience in Semiconductor technology, AI, or Life Sciences required.
- Ability to work independently, and drive to solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Fluent in English and Mandarin, must be fluent in both cultures (U.S. and China).
- Work experience in both U.S. and China desired.
- Ability to develop and nurture a large network within the VC and startup ecosystem in China.
- Position will be in Bejing/Shanghai or other innovation hubs in China. Quarterly visits to Fremont for tight alignment on Strategy. Other traveling may be required.
If interested, please apply here.