New visions. New strategies. New products. Capturing tomorrow’s opportunities means embracing disruption and transformation today. We’re dedicated to investing in emerging high-growth technologies across a range of industries. We focus on investments that improve Koch’s core capabilities as well as those that create entire new platforms poised to change society for the better. Koch Disruptive Technologies (KDT) is seeking a Director of Growth Equity Investments to fulfill the following roles:
Role – Market and Economic Analysis Leader
- Build the market and economic analysis capabilities required to generate superior financial results, including diligence process management e.g. analyzing business drivers, assessing management capabilities, performing economic analysis, defining and analyzing market dynamics, and selecting and developing a high-performing analyst team.
Develop, own and manage these key capabilities:
- Opportunity screening: Effectively frame-up new investment opportunities, and continually upgrading KDT’s screening framework; expand industry and market knowledge to efficiently screen investments across a broad number of industries; build relationships with the analytical capabilities at leading investment organizations
- Point of view (POV) development: Continually upgrade KDT’s point of view capability to efficiently identify and analyze industry sectors for quality, fit and portfolio risk optimization; develop relationships with external resources for due diligence and POV development
- Decision Making Framework: Ensure timely and high-quality decision framing; seek alignment with the risk profile of KII shareholders
- Diligence process management: Apply internal and external resources to perform due diligence with integrity, efficiency, certainty and confidentiality; support deal structuring with tailored solutions competitive with a customer’s alternatives
- Scientific method / historical deal learnings: Develop and own the knowledge systems that facilitate learning and continuous improvement in KDT’s operating capabilities (e.g. transaction structuring and diligence, option thinking, etc.)
Provide support to these key capabilities: KDT’s investment portfolio creation and management, including optimizing risk; ensure resource prioritization and support to the KII Network
Collaborate with Koch Equity Development and other KII business development teams in expanding and improving KDT’s market and economic analysis capabilities; seek to develop and apply best practices
Applying Market Based Management (MBM) in interactions with portfolio companies including offering problem solving solutions to help scale and accelerate the business
Role – Origination Support: As an extension of the market and economic analysis capability, support the KDT team in identifying new investments and expanding KDT’s relationship networks in a way that develops a differentiated brand and a “first look” at investments.
What You Will Need To Bring With You (Requirements):
- 6+ years of professional finance/accounting/business/equity development work experience with at least 4+ years direct Market Analysis/due diligence experience in private equity, investment banking, corporate development and/or venture capital
- Experience with investments/deals ranging from $25-$250 Million+ including identification, assessment and origination
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college/university in Business or a related field
What Will Put You Ahead (Preferred):
- Experience in technology related investments with a preference of experience in a wide array of investments — (robotics, software, industrial automation, healthcare, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience supervising, selecting and developing high-performing teams
- MBA or equivalent degree; CFA preferred
If interested, please apply here.