GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
The Aviation/Additive Commercial Director is responsible for partnering with leadership across the GE Aviation/Additive Business and the GE Ventures Practice Area Leads to showcase the GE Ventures platform and capabilities, identifying and executing opportunities and relationships that grow and scale GEV, GE Business Units, and GE partners (e.g., customers, portfolio companies, licensing partners).
This individual will collaborate in the development of domain/industry strategies and programs for GE Ventures. They will engage with key business leaders within GE businesses, and provide commercial leadership through engagement and interaction with external entities including customers, industry groups, VCs, portfolio companies, partners and innovation entities in the innovation ecosystem. The Commercial Director will use their deep understanding of the markets, innovations, technologies and the key players to spot and communicate the trends, themes, pain points, and opportunities for commercial success of the GEV platform, GE’s commercial and entrepreneurial partners, and the broader entrepreneurial market at large. This individual will be a leader in identifying growth opportunities across the GEV platform and serves as a chief advocate for the GEV brand within the innovation ecosystem. A creative business-builder and strategist, the Aviation/Additive Commercial Director will also be responsible for not only the cross-platform opportunities deep in their specific industry, but find ways to partner with others across industries and Practice Areas for innovative, horizontal applications of IP, new company development, portfolio company scaling and GE Business Unit growth.
- Serve as an Ambassador for GEV within the Aviation/Additive business
- Increase commercial traction of GEV Portfolio Companies within GE Aviation/Additive as well as with
GE Partners and Customer
- Present an unified GEV Voice – Training materials, scorecard, tools, templates and BU engagement calendars.
- Lead origination, design and orchestration of win-win commercial engagements for GE business units, GE customers, portfolio companies / NewCos, licensing partners and the greater innovation ecosystem
- Operate across the GEV platform and act as an advocate and growth engine for the brand internally and externally; work with Marketing to craft the go-to-market strategy, messaging and position of the brand
- Understand the external global/local influences and macro forces (policy, regulatory, economic, social, technological, environmental, etc.) and implications for GE and GE Ventures in domain-specific industries
- Develop strategies and create scalable service products/offerings that can then be marketed internally and externally to key stakeholders, understanding requirements and key conditions to activate
- Assist to coordinate and advance communication and relationships with key business leaders across GE business units, GE Corporate / Global Growth Organization / Global Research Center, and the external ecosystem
- Triage and partner with Practice Leads in responding to ‘inbound’ requests from GE BU business leaders, commercial leaders, customers, and key constituents
- Act as a commercial thought leader and partner to the Venture Investing, New Business Creation, Licensing and Catalyst teams
- Leverage the Marketing team to inform and guide the marketing strategy and planning, themes and content, and segmentation/targeting across audiences for the domain practice area
- Partner with Practice Leaders, their teams, partners, portfolio companies and Marketing to identify, curate, develop and refine thought leadership content and provocative POVs that tell the GEV story
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategic initiatives and programs in partnership with GE team members, Marketing and Executive Leadership
- Represent GE Ventures at external functions and in appropriate industry forums as a speaker, advisor and thought leader as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Strategy, Entrepreneurship or Marketing
- At least 15+ years of related industry experience across multiple sub-sectors
- Strong understanding for the Aviation and advanced manufacturing industry including the future of mobility.
- Proven effective at strategic relationship building and high level management of internal and external stakeholders; Experience managing large, complex, strategic, and collaborative relationships
- Ability to lead and participate in strategic discussions and influence outcomes
- Strong commercial sense, with proven experience forming and executing commercial engagements
Core understanding of industry, current pain points, market trends, customer base and ecosystem
- Experience in guiding thought leadership content themes, convening audiences to identify disruptive forces and provocative ideas and bringing unlikely partners together to invent the new
- Ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills
- Proactive, self-directed, creative, strategic thinking and able to implement plan via a well thought out process
- The candidate must demonstrate proven success in an entrepreneurial environment
- Willing to travel approximately 50% of the time
- MBA in Finance, Marketing or Strategy preferred and advanced degree in sciences highly desired (or equivalent experience)
- Entrepreneurial spirit and disruptive thinking, ability to translate future trends and opportunities to near-term revenue growth
- Prior experience in the financial services specifically in venture capital or private equity/Licensing experience a plus
- B2B marketing experience developing and executing marketing plans and programs.
- Strong leadership experience in highly matrixed organizations, proven ability to lead, manage & influence in cross-functional and cross-business teams
- Outstanding communication and organizational skills; Strong presenter
- Strong executive presence and experience in dealing with C-level suite execs
- Able to work independently. Formulate and execute a self-driven engagement plan
- Able to organize, prioritize, and manage multiple projects simultaneously with appropriate sense of urgency
- Able to learn new industries, customers and technologies and translate value to customers
- Able to analyze, interpret, draw conclusions, and implement solutions on a variety of complex issues
- Individual must be self-focusing and able to drive the critical few priorities in an environment where many demands and requests present themselves
If interested, please apply here.