At Boston Children’s Hospital, (Linkedin, Crunchbase) success is measured in patients treated, parents comforted and teams taught. It’s in discoveries made, processes perfected, and technology advanced through major medical breakthroughs and small acts of kindness. And in colleagues who have your back and patients who have your heart. As the teaching hospital of Harvard Medical School, our reach is global and our impact is profound. Join our acclaimed Endowment organization and discover how your talents can change lives. Yours included.
This Director Will Be Responsible For
- Reporting to the Chief Investment Officer (CIO) and providing day to day leadership of the investment team, directing the investment strategy of a particular segment of the Hospital’s financial portfolio, including managing the external investment managers in this sector, and performing rigorous due diligence on prospective and existing managers
To Qualify, You Must Have
- The knowledge of theories, principles, and concepts typically acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in Business Administration, CFA or a very closely related field and seven to ten years of successful investment leadership and portfolio management experience. Specific experience and expertise includes: Seven to ten years or more of relevant experience, as a manager of managers, direct investor or, secondarily, a highly sophisticated investment advisor/consultant
- The capacity to act as an assistant CIO, capable of implementing strategy within the context of the client’s philosophy and goals
- Demonstrated significant manager due diligence and selection working experience or experience with a pension fund, public fund, fund of funds, endowment and foundation and/or an investment firm, or an investment consulting firm. Additionally, a strong generalist with experience working with the following asset classes: marketable securities (equity and fixed), hedge funds, venture capital and buy-out funds, private real estate and private real assets and commodity related investments, including timberland and oil and gas partnerships a plus
- Strong knowledge of quantitative techniques and risk management and the ability to know to leverage manager selection process and overall assessment of portfolio risk and return
- The analytical skills to resolve problems that require the innovative application of the highest levels of specialized knowledge and/or to develop financial and operating plans for one of the hospital’s major departments/divisions
- The ability to effectively manage a small team within a lean operation without heavy support staff, overhead, or hierarchy
- Strong engagement talents which will enable them to collaborate persuade, direct and negotiate with external portfolio managers, peer‑level department heads and/or with senior hospital leaders on issues and strategies that impact assigned department as well as CHB investment strategy
- Outstanding communication, and presentation talents and the capability to interface comfortably and work effectively with a wide range of investment leaders, professionals and constituents including at the Investment Committee and Board level
- A strong fluency in capital markets and investment concepts; superior “hands-on “ go to knowledge and multiple years of financial markets exposure. Domestic and international travel required
If interested, please apply here.