ASU Enterprise Partners is a global-reaching non-profit based in Tempe, AZ. We raise resources to support students, researchers and programs at Arizona State University so that they can improve the world.
As is customary at ASU, we operate a little differently: not only do we cultivate philanthropy, we also identify real estate, technology transfer, international partnership and defense research opportunities that yield private support for the university. You can learn more about each of these entities at http://www.asuenterprisepartners.org.
Who We Are
Our team is varied – fundraisers, designers, scholars, financial wizards, ex-CEOs, filmmakers, venture capitalists, inventors, volunteers – and each member brings a different perspective to our vision.
Regardless of background, we share a mission that we can help, that quality higher education should be accessible — no matter from where one comes — and that we are responsible for the wellbeing of the communities we live in and serve.
Want to advance the most innovative university in the country – and your work? Join us.
There is no single career journey at Enterprise Partners. Roles often shift as passions are discovered. You’ll be encouraged to look across the organization to determine if new areas are of interest – whether in fundraising, real estate development, social media or something else. Training courses are offered every week, and our main offices face ASU’s Tempe campus, where our employees’ tuition is significantly reduced.
Our advancement opportunities are real – and so is the ability to be part of an intellectually stimulating, people-focused, mission-driven team doing meaningful work in a beautiful, vibrant, sunlit location.
Details about our comprehensive benefits are available at https://www.asuenterprisepartners.org/careers/benefits.
ASU Enterprise Partners Shared Services
Enterprise Partners Shared Services comprises teams of investment and finance, law, information systems, human resources and communication experts who provide centralized guidance and support to each entity that makes up ASU Enterprise Partners: the ASU Foundation, University Realty LLC, ASU Research Enterprises, Arizona Technology Enterprises and Research Collaboratory at ASU.
The Venture and Investment Associate is responsible for the launch and management of the ASU Thunderbird Investor Network (ATIN). ATIN supports our entrepreneurial ecosystem by bringing together innovative startups with affiliated investors. The mission is to support the global ASU & Thunderbird community with an angel investing platform and co-investment fund that engages and leverages the power of our alumni and community network. By connecting affiliated startup companies with alumni and community network expertise, we hope to foster collaboration and further success. The Venture and Investment Associate will build ATIN, helping formalize the various governing bodies as well as build out a network of investors and pipeline of companies.
What We Do
- Coordinate with various stakeholders from Enterprise Partners, Thunderbird, ASU, Skysong Innovations, Office of Knowledge Enterprise Development, and the ASU Alumni Association to develop strong internal partnerships for operations of the program
- Put together governing bodies and advisory boards to ensure a systematic process and robust governance
- Work with ASU and Thunderbird faculty and students to develop a company diligence and research process
- Bring awareness of ATIN to the community
- Promote successes of ATIN through social media, news stories and directed communications
- Build out network of potential investors
- Build out a network of potential mentors
- Build, engage with and manage a pipeline of ASU-affiliated companies that are looking for early-stage funding
- Occasional travel to build out spheres of influence in other areas to include global
- Support overall venture ecosystem within ASU
- Coordinate quarterly investment meetings for in-person and virtual attendance
- Become visible in Arizona’s and strategic global venture communities
- Develop partnership with the Angel Capital Association (ACA)
- Determine structure for endowment side-car fund
- Run technology platform to facilitate onboarding of companies and investment by angels
- Support other Office of Investment initiatives including the EdTech Acclerator, Corporate Development, BlackRock partnership, ASU Foundation donor relations, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
What You’ll Need
- Knowledge of financial markets, startups, private equity, and venture capital
- Collaborative style, combined with the ability and desire to work in a team-based environment
- Strong and collegial interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and by phone
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and responsibility regarding information related to Enterprise Partners, its subsidiaries and University business and confidential prospect information
- Attention to detail and thoroughness in completing assigned duties
- Highly organized and able to handle multiple projects
- Mastery of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to quickly learn new software programs as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Problem solver who can take initiative and set priorities while being flexible
- Team-oriented strategist able to effectively manage complex situations involving numerous and sometimes competing constituencies
- Ability to represent the institution well
- An advocate’s belief in the vision of ASU as the New American University
- Adept at navigating complex environments with evolving priorities and communication plans
Bachelor’s degree in business or related area and 3+ years experience working in startup/private equity-related roles. Masters degree preferred.
ASU Enterprise Partners is an equal opportunity employer
If interested, please apply here.