Applied Materials (NASDAQ: AMAT) is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality, across many markets and applications. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Ventures, LLC, the venture capital arm of Applied Materials, Inc., invests in early-stage technology companies that promise to deliver high growth and exceptional returns. We are actively investing in deep tech startups in AI, AR/ VR, 3D Printing, Life Sciences, Autonomous Driving, Batteries, Advanced Displays and New Materials Engineering Innovations.
As an Investment Director, you will be managing multiple investments and driving key executive discussions/decisions on Applied Ventures’ long-term investment strategy. Typical candidate will have over 3 years of active CVC/ VC experience investing and managing (as a director/ observer on the board) startups, with demonstrated experience in successful exits.
- Source, Lead, and Own investment opportunities and the process to assess them and their value to AMAT/AV and to influence a group to do the same.
- Develop and Execute overall investment strategies and implementation plans.
- Coordinate: IP analysis, compensation, other legal.
- Actively manage investments through life-cycle and exit, including elements of JDPs and work within AMAT to achieve investment goals.
- Present to AV and VIC.
- Market AV in the investment community.
- Own individual investment decisions and recommendations made to the AV GM and the VIC.
- Demonstrate success on growth contribution to AMAT.
- Recognized as “guru” or external expert in a function
- Demonstrates broad and comprehensive expertise in leading-edge theories, techniques and/or technologies within own field
- Influences internal/external business and/or regulatory issues that have an impact on the business
- Leads highly visible multidisciplinary project teams or initiatives; provides thought leadership
- Proactively identifies and solves the most complex problems; uses ground-breaking methods to think beyond existing solutions
- Impacts business direction through the development of innovative services or products
- Negotiates with senior management, customers, regulators or vendors to influence decisions
- MBA and MS degrees are required; PhD is preferred
- 10 – 15 Years of Experience
If interested, please apply here.