Zetta Venture Partners (Linkedin, Crunchbase) is a San Francisco-based venture capital fund. We invest in AI for business: products that combine software and data to deliver intelligent solutions to business customers. Zetta invests at the seed stage, leading or co-leading investment rounds up to $5M.
Our partners include seasoned venture capitalists and technology executives. We’ve had the good fortune to work with extraordinary founders on companies like Domo and InsideSales (valued >$1B). Zetta recently announced a $125M fund, bringing total assets under management to $185M. We’re excited to expand our work for great entrepreneurs.
This is a rare opportunity to be an early member of a venture firm.
We are hiring an associate to join our investing team. In this role, you will be analyzing companies, cultivating relationships with entrepreneurs, researching industries, and digging into new technologies. You will also share your insights with entrepreneurs through various media.
Your background includes one or more of: product management, science Ph.D., journalism, equity analysis or strategy consulting.
- Strong technology, market, and company research skills.
- Effective communicator and critical thinker.
- Demonstrated interest in our focus area (machine learning and big data).
- Relationships with early-stage companies and founders.
- Independent self-starter, comfortable thriving in an unstructured environment and taking on a large scope of responsibility.
- Real passion for the startup ecosystem, innovation, and challenging the status quo.
It’s great if you also have:
- Previous investing experience – personal or professional – and experience with quantitative research methods.
- Published works of a significant length.
- Working knowledge of programming, SQL, or scripting languages.
- Traction with startup research (e.g. publishing market maps) and startup relationships.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Please send the following to email@example.com.
- Paragraph addressing the criteria above
- Paragraph about a startup in our area of focus that’s of interest to you right now.
- Paragraph about a venture capital fund you admire and why.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.