Zetta Venture Partners, the first venture capital firm exclusively focused on AI, is seeking to add a new investor to our team to focus AI platforms, tooling, and infrastructure.
Zetta was founded in 2013 – the first year a zettabyte of data went across the internet – to catalyze the next generation of companies. We believe the case for building AI companies has never been more compelling. AI will be on the forefront of responding to some of society’s most pressing challenges, from pandemics to climate change to economic resilience.
We invest in AI-first startups with B2B business models, and lead the seed round of funding with significant ($1-$5MM) checks. We aim to be a founding team’s hardest working partner. Our partners are seasoned entrepreneurs and operators, as well as investors. Zetta recently announced a $180M fund, bringing total assets under management to $365M, and we are excited to expand our work for great entrepreneurs.
We are hiring an associate to join our investing team and focus on the sectors of AI platform and tooling, including ML Ops, Data Quality, and Data Infrastructure. In this role, you will be analyzing companies, cultivating relationships with entrepreneurs, researching industries, and digging into new technologies. You will also share your insights with entrepreneurs through various media.
Location: Zetta’s investors are currently working remotely, with hours concentrated in the range of PST and EST workdays. Should our work shift back to a primarily office-based environment, candidates must be prepared to work from a Zetta office in San Francisco or New York.
Your background includes one or more of: product management, software engineering, data science, research, or strategy consulting.
- Strong technology, market, and company research skills.
- Effective communicator and critical thinker.
- Demonstrated interest in our focus area (machine learning and big data).
- Relationships with early-stage companies and founders.
- Independent self-starter, comfortable thriving in an unstructured environment and taking on a large scope of responsibility.
- Real passion for the startup ecosystem, innovation, and challenging the status quo.
It’s great if you also have one or any of the following:
- Previous investing experience – personal or professional – and experience with quantitative research methods.
- Experience in an operating role at established tech companies or in startups.
- Published works of a significant length.
- Working knowledge of programming, SQL, or scripting languages.
- Traction with startup research (e.g. publishing market maps) and startup relationships.
- Experience working in a startup environment.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Paragraph addressing the criteria above
- Paragraph about a startup in our area of focus that’s of interest to you right now.
- Paragraph about a venture capital fund you admire and why.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.