WIND Ventures is located in the San Francisco Bay Area and is the newly established corporate venture capital (CVC) arm for COPEC, a leading energy and retail corporation and one of the most valued brands throughout Latin America (LatAm). This is an opportunity to join the founding team of one of the first professional CVC programs with strong strategic ties to the appealing LatAm growth markets. The Investment Associate will work closely with the Head and Investment Director of WIND Ventures.
COPEC is part of the second largest corporation in Chile with an extensive network of fueling stations, convenience retail stores and related B2B and B2C services throughout LatAm and the US. WIND Ventures aims to build a sizeable investment portfolio of strategic startups and scaleups where COPEC’s significant resources accelerate the exploration or realization of new growth. Focus areas include: B2C and B2B within: new mobility, energy tech and retail.
The Associate will have core responsibility for due diligence of potential investments, including: 1) screening deal flow; 2) performing due diligence (market sizing, competitive analysis, industry trends, metric benchmarking, key risk areas, customer feedback, reference calls); and 3) executing financial analysis (unit economics, its underlying assumptions and evaluation of the company’s operating plan).
Other responsibilities include:
- Support the Head and Directors as needed
- Develop investment theses and deep dives on specific market opportunities or technology areas with subject matter experts
- Represent WIND Ventures at industry events and via speaking engagements
- Prepare investment memos from due diligence efforts
- Perform research and analysis of new markets, technologies, competitive landscapes
- Manages the portfolio reporting for internal purposes
- Work on strategic value initiatives between COPEC and from the portfolio
- Represent WIND Ventures within the startup and venture capital community
- Mange the execution of WIND Ventures events (e.g. Immersion Days)
- Manage CRM, tracking and reporting tools
Requirements / Qualifications:
- 3-5+ years of work experience in preferred fields of venture capital, consulting, and/or investment banking
- Fluency with financial models (NPV, IRR, ROI), cap tables and presentations
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable working with minimal oversight, taking on new tasks on-demand / as needed with an ability to multi-task
- Ability to take an inventive approach to uncovering information in opaque and nascent markets
- Team player who possesses intellectual curiosity, sound judgment, and high attention to detail
- International experience or ability to work across international cultures
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field from a top college/university
- Master’s degree preferred
- Located in San Francisco Bay Area
If interested, please apply here.