Verily, an Alphabet company, lives at the intersection of technology, data science and healthcare. Our mission is to make the world’s health data useful so that people enjoy longer and healthier lives. We are developing tools and devices to collect, organize and activate health data, and creating interventions to prevent and manage disease.
The Verily Ventures team is responsible for sourcing, due diligence and investing in promising early stage companies in life sciences and digital health. You will develop strong sourcing networks with top tier investors, venture groups of strategic partners, Temasek and other Google venture funds. You will interact directly with company management and manage the technical due diligence process using internal and external experts. You will perform market analysis, competitive analyses and build financial models. You will establish relationships across Verily and present opportunities to the Partners and to the investment committee.
Our team combines expertise in biology, chemistry, physics, medicine, engineering, computer science, and more to create interventions that exponentially improve patient care. We partner with leading life sciences, medical device and government organizations to enable fast development, meaningful advances, and deployment at scale. Our work spans many projects, including Project Baseline, the quest to map human health beginning with a 10,000 person observational study; Liftware, stabilizing utensil handles to aid individuals with hand tremor or limited mobility; and Debug, an effort to eradicate mosquito-borne disease with Sterile Insect Technique. For more information, please visit our website.
- Manages Verily’s resources and teams to support due diligence.
- Establish and grow relationships with entrepreneurs and peers at top tier investors, strategic investors, Temasek and other Google venture funds.
- Source investment opportunities proactively based on proprietary market research.
- Work with one of the Partners to structure and negotiate legal agreements, evaluate opportunities, manage investments through the various investment stages and present recommendations to the investment committee.
- Work with the management teams of investee companies to improve investor communications, operations, financial planning and define technical strategy and roadmaps.
- Master’s or Ph.D in a technical, or engineering field.
- 5+ years of venture capital experience working at a venture firm or the corporate ventures group of a digital health, pharmaceutical, medical device, or biotechnology company.
- Demonstrated track record of managing and closing venture transactions.
- Ability to travel.
- Mix of start-up and venture capital experience, with evidenced curiosity and a passion for building companies.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, quickly changing environment.
- Distinctive problem-solving and analysis skills, combined with impeccable business judgment.
- Effective project management, relationship-building and negotiation skill.
- Excellent written and oral communication, and interpersonal skills.
If interested, please apply here.