A leading and established Vancouver based venture capital fund, Vanedge Capital, is looking to hire a Technical Associate with a strong engineering, computer science or scientific background to assist with investing in companies working on cloud computing, advanced analytics, IoT, and cybersecurity. The person will additionally be responsible for providing market and technology insights for Asia to the fund. The fund is well capitalized, has a strong portfolio, including successful exits.
- Assist in sourcing potential investments through involvement in technical conferences and working groups, web research, and personal network.
- Support the team to evaluate potential investments in private technology and software companies by providing technical subject matter expertise.
- Support the team to evaluate potential investments by providing insights into the Chinese market landscape through web research.
- Develop financial and valuation models for potential and existing investments.
- Assist existing portfolio companies to develop their strategy, particularly around evaluating Chinese markets.
- 5 years’ experience in the technology sector such as engineering, product management, software development or research and development.
- Strong interest in the technology market is a must, and candidates must have technical backgrounds.
- Proficient in Mandarin and English (especially written).
- Must hold an advanced degree, master’s level or professional designation, in engineering or science
If you feel you meet the requirements, please submit your resume in word or PDF format. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a leading venture capital fund.
Vanedge Capital is a Vancouver based early-stage venture capital fund investing in technology inflection points in cloud computing, artificial intelligence, cybersecurity, SaaS and digital media. As entrepreneurs and investors, the team has built and led world-class companies using a unique combination of operating leadership and management; subject matter expertise; relationships with technology, creative, and management talent. Vanedge has over $296M in assets under management.
If interested, please apply here.