US Energy Ventures (usenergy.vc) is a young venture capital firm located in Los Altos, San Francisco Bay Area. We invest in energy efficiency technologies, focusing mainly on those that help the oil and gas companies make more while spending and polluting less. Despite the swings of the public opinion, we understand that the fossil fuel-driven industries are here to stay for decades, and it is up to us to help them power the world without ruining it.
We are hiring an Associate.
The responsibilities include:
- Drive diligence on prospective new investments: conduct financial analysis, customer and expert interviews, perform market research to develop and verify an investment thesis;
- Source new investment opportunities: research markets and technologies, build relationships with world class founders and companies, identify compelling investment opportunities and present them to the investment committee;
- Support the portfolio companies in recruiting, sales, fundraising, etc.
- Build and cultivate networks around the fund: identify and recruit subject matter experts, attract top founders, build and cultivate relationships with the potential acquirers of portfolio companies, help to grow and maintain our online presence.
- A solid foundation: 3+ years of work experience at a top-tier investment banking, consulting, private equity or venture capital firm covering the North American energy space, or corporate finance/development at a world class energy company with a strong presence in the US and/or Canada. We look for ability to ask non-trivial questions and arrive at insightful conclusions based on solid data; it requires financial modeling and data manipulation and presentation experience. Excellent writing and oral communication skills. You should have a good command of the language of the energy industry and the VC/PE community. A degree in Engineering, Physics or Chemistry will give you a distinct advantage.
- The right drive: Genuine excitement to become a key member of a small investment team. This role represents a growth opportunity with a potentially much quicker ascent than at a more established firm, and we are prepared to invest in your career. You should be proactive and self-directed. You will have a lot of autonomy in this role.
- People must like working with you. Enough said.
We require a current US work authorization, but are happy to work with candidates on OPT program after Master’s degree and can sponsor the right candidate for a long-term work visa. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and make employment decisions without regard to or consideration of any individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, veteran and military status, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, denial of family and medical care leave, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law or ordinance.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com