Union Grove Venture Partners is a focused provider of venture capital solutions addressing the needs of various institutions, family offices, and high net worth individuals through a combined strategy of fund-of-funds and direct co-investment.
Notable investments include Lightspeed, True Ventures, Founder Collective, Mayfield, Beyond Meat, Progyny and Poshmark.
We are growing our team. The ideal Associate candidate has a passion for investing and specifically venture capital and the innovation economy.
The Associate will be expected to immerse themselves in every aspect of our growing firm. Responsibilities will involve investment-related activities on funds and companies but also include significant contribution to the firm’s operating activities such as branding, marketing, fundraising, fund operations, back office operations, and anything else the team needs to build and maintain a world-class investment firm. As the first Associate at the firm, the candidate will be able to help shape the roles and responsibilities.
- Source, evaluate and perform due diligence of venture funds and growth stage companies
- Prepare materials for investment committee
- Monitor existing fund and direct investments, distill information and report back to investment team
- Maintain deal/pipeline database
- Perform venture capital industry research to help shape investment focus, investment themes
- Analyze portfolio performance
- Assist in preparation of quarterly reporting materials
- Assist in marketing initiatives and brand-building activities
- Assist in fund operations
- A minimum of 2 years experience in investment management or investment consulting.
- Venture capital or private equity fund investment or consulting experience preferred
- Outstanding academic credentials
- High integrity, professionalism and character
- Must be entrepreneurial with a willingness to support non-investment, firm-building activities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to form conviction and support ideas. Diversity of perspective welcomed
- High EQ – ability to develop and maintain strong relationships
- Exceptional initiative, attention to detail and capacity to work in a self-directed manner
- Ability to travel
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial modeling experience, as well as a strong working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to commute or relocate to the NYC, Northern New Jersey area. (Office is steps from Summit Station, short reverse commute from NYC, Hoboken, Jersey City)
- Salary/Bonus, opportunity for carried interest over time
- Health Insurance
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Two year commitment at first, however the ideal candidate will become indispensable to the firm and put themselves on a Partner track
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.